What batteries for hd19a

I run the EPS3 on mine. At first the little extra weight was noticeable, but now I'm so used to it I don't even pay it any attention. It makes a good handhold actually and you never have to worry about running out of juice.

I tried the lithium route and that was kind of expensive for my taste. Used 2300 mah rechargeables and could get a couple of hours out of them. The battery container is the weakest part of the Pulsar. Those springs will compress pretty quickly and make contact iffy.

For $20 you can have all the rechargeable power you could want. I have played with mine a lot since I bought it and still haven't used up the first charge on this thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351786174266?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpI run the EPS3 on mine. At first the little extra weight was noticeable, but now I'm so used to it I don't even pay it any attention. It makes a good handhold actually and you never have to worry about running out of juice.

I tried the lithium route and that was kind of expensive for my taste. Used 2300 mah rechargeables and could get a couple of hours out of them. The battery container is the weakest part of the Pulsar. Those springs will compress pretty quickly and make contact iffy. Better do what DoubleUp said I went through 3 or 4 battery containers before I got the EPS3.

If you intend to helmet mount it, you can put the aux. battery pack on the back of the helmet as part of the counter weight system.

Originally Posted By: weekenderFor $20 you can have all the rechargeable power you could want. I have played with mine a lot since I bought it and still haven't used up the first charge on this thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351786174266?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Weekender is that the right plug in for the HD19a?

yes Pmack, plugs right into the HD19A and works really well. It just doesn't have the battery level indicator but for $20 bucks, you could have a stack of them for the price of a EPS3. Unlike most folks here, I have to watch my budget. Toys usually cost me double cause my wife is my hunting buddy. I have to buy 2 of everything.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CSM52Has anyone had any trouble out of the cheaper battery packs?

Works really well so far. Comes with a wall outlet charger. Fits the HD19A without adapters. It has a very small off/on low profile switch and a tiny red led to tell you it's on.

Back