Got abetter group with the 6x6.8

MasterBlaster

Think I have my brass trouble worked out.Went to a .266 bushing instead of the .269 that came with it . Thanks to Rich I called him twice and he spent what ever time he needed to help me out, I didn't get my rifle from him but he helped out like I did. Two groups same load different brass 100 yards check out the point of impact shift from different brass.I also need to seat the bullets at 2.215 to keep them from sticking in the barrel if I try to remove a loaded round. 58gr Vmax.

image_zps684rqwk4.jpeg

image_zpsteu9ivbo.jpeg

The top group is Hornady brass The bottom is SSA
I shot 200yds with Hornady brass had about 1 3/4 inch group but the point of impaact was still about 1.5" high at 200yds..
I've never had a BHW with the polygonal rifling I have Glocks but when seating bullets into the lands it looks like the engagement isn't square one hits higher up on the bullet than the rest not all even like I'm use to seeing.
Getting closer.
MasterBlaster

He is a wealth of knowledge, You get it worked out and it will become your favorite.
smile.gif

I like it even better shooting the 90 BT for deer and hogs. I haven't put it in the safe at all this winter, always with me and I don't even like black guns.

I thought neck tension would be the key. I second 3dhusker, these little 6s are hammers. My 243lbc doesn't see the safe much either.

.266 is where I ended up also. I tried .268 but when I would chamber using the bolt release they would move out to 2.272 oal. I was seating at 2.260 so it was quite a change. I am using Hornady brass also. I backed off from 31.5 to 31.2 as it was filling well into the neck on my brass. Alot of crunching going on when I was seating them. Glad it is working out for you.

Looks like your getting it figured out. Ritch is a great guy has helped me a lot too and I haven't bought anything from him yet but I will say I'm in the market for at least two barrels and they will come from him.

Originally Posted By: ackleymanYou may be pleasantly surprised with the accuracy of a 60g Sierra due to the design of the bullet, and they kill.
Just happen to have 4 boxes of them in the basement I'll give them a try
Thank you
MasterBlaster

Last edited:
Back