Chassis Rifle Search -- Tikka TSR-1 .260 Remington ?? - Range Report on the Tikka Build

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51And here's my recent purchase the Tikka CTR 260 Stainless. It loves everything I have fed it so far ,the 123's, 130's and the 140's. amazing for a Factory Rifle. I'm impressed.
sorry for the huge pics.

Wow !!.....what a coincidence. That's the exact rifle I bought last week in 6.5 Creedmoor. I shut down 260 TSR order and decided to put my own rig together.

I'm going to drop it into a MDT LSS-XL chassis. I hope it shoots as well as yours.

https://mdttac.com

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crowkiller51I have 3 MDT Chassis and I really like them. Here's my 22/250 Ackley with the D760 and a Sure enough Dead Boar.

Just got the MDT build finished. Tikka T3X CTR 6.5 Creedmoor with the LSS-XL Chassis. Burris Eliminator III scope 4-16x50.

8tuSfh8.jpg

LRk2atA.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my 260 in a KRG Whiskey3 chassis.
It's a little heavy for hunting coyotes! It's a comp rifle. Weighs in around 18lbs!

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51I like that set up .
Be sure to give us a review on the Burris Scope

Will do Crow. If the magic doesn't happen it will get replaced with a Nightforce SHV or a Leupold VX6 CDS.

Originally Posted By: tugboaterHere is my 260 in a KRG Whiskey3 chassis.
It's a little heavy for hunting coyotes! It's a comp rifle. Weighs in around 18lbs!
[/URL]

Nice rig Tugboat. Mine is pretty heavy also but I'm good with it. I didn't get it for walking and stalking.

Copied this over from another post but it sort of wraps up this thread I started. Very happy with the Tikka build. One thing worth noting......If you buy a rifle and chassis separate you can always take 2 bolts out and put the rifle back into the factory stock if you need to for any reason. It takes less than 5 minutes to swap it back.

Spent the first day with a little shoot and clean break in and then starting testing ammo in 5 shot groups. It was pretty warm out so I used a bore cooling fan and cooled 1 or 2 minutes between rounds for 5 shots then cooled 5 minutes before the next group.

I noticed at the end of day one the groups started to come together better at about the 75 round mark. I stopped there and called it a day as I was running out of daylight. I did manage to eliminate some ammo rather quickly. The barrel seems to not like any of the Hornady Superformance stuff or the lighter 120 grain bullets.

Day two I concentrated on the 140 grain ammo and the rifle started to shoot better. My goal was to find a factory load that would group tight enough at 100 yards so that I could cover all 5 shots with a quarter.

All groups were 5 shots at 100 yards and I shot off of a bipod with a couple of bags under the butt stock. My biggest concern was the Quick Detach Suppressor on the end of the barrel as I wasn't sure how much negative impact this would have on accuracy.... YHM 762 Titanium QD

HReKyuZ.jpg
hyrLxlS.jpg
cY16zRn.jpg

PgKd0rU.jpg
01rZ5W1.jpg

3cCreYj.jpg
cqBqTTU.jpg

kmWZTSo.jpg
kfhiggY.jpg

Last edited:
Back