Airline approved and under 62" linial inches, Pelican 1700 is the bomb!

Dultimatpredator

I've been searching for a case under 62" lineal inches being if its over the airline gouges a $100 each way. Well this case is about an inch under...and packed full. It just got dropped off from ups about two hours ago... [img:left]ttp://equally.photobucket.com/user/tripplebeards/media/20170112_204657_1.jpg.html]
20170112_204657_1.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Last edited:
First I had heard of 62" limit --
Was that Delta ?????
May have to downsize the 1750---
Thx

Searching on delta site ---
The 62 is length +width+height --
So almost any case is gonna be over --
Not much difference in 1750 and 1700 if you add all 3 --
Gotta do some more checking -- thanks for bringing this up --
Thx

Last edited:
The 1750 is over sized. The all of the airlines downsized to 62" now and if your over the size limit and or over 50 lbs its gonna cost you $100 each way. It was american but I was told this is now the standard size by all the airlines when I called in to ask about it. My suitcase I've been using for years I purchased from cabelas I got banged on going to maui last year for the first time in a dozen times used to fly. The airlines are getting cheap and trying to make a quick buck on everyone. The 1750 is about 68" vs the 1700 is 61"

Last edited:
Joker.. not sure where you are getting the measurements for the cases, but this is what I've came up with from the Pelican site.

1750 - 53.00" x 16.00" x 6.12"

1700 - 38.12" x 16.00" x 6.12"

1750 - 53" Long
1700 - 38" Long

Skb makes a case that is 1 to 2" over 62"...which is their smallest offering. I shopped nonstop for about a week on the internet and found the 1700 is the only offering out there that's under 62"...ill save you some time looking. I was on the phone with skb twice. They told me the airlines keep changing the sizes and that was their excuse for not offering a non oversized case.-

I own a skb case that is about 5' long abd haven't flown for 7 years with it. At that time is was $25 for oversized cases. At $200 back n forth now I'd rather buy myself a new case instead of give the money to the airlines.

Last edited:
Been looking on TSA and Delta sites some more --
Only thing so far definite is 11# of Ammo max
Hard side cases and keep our own keys -- don't give them to anyone and
Probably should carry extra lock with keys --

Back