Hearing Protection Act

Thanks for that link. I'd already harassed my elected officials but did again with the handy link you provided. Let them know you support it and you vote!

Originally Posted By: Yote NewbThanks for that link. I'd already harassed my elected officials but did again with the handy link you provided. Let them know you support it and you vote!

yup, i sent an email along as well to mine, but knowing my reps, it wasnt worth the effort of clicking on the form letters.

I want a can bad, just would hate shelling out that kinda of $ and have to wait. I'm patient, but for a potential $1000 investment I want it NOW! Should one hold off or go ahead and pay/wait?

Am I correct in understanding that if this Act passes, a suppressor would be able to be passed on to a family member just like all my firearms will? No red tape or filtering them through a trust or all that BS?

This would be FANTASTIC if it gets through. Won't be holding my breath, though.

Also, the double whammy will probably get many of us. The Feds will make them legal and the libtard states, cities, and counties will step in and pass illegal laws that will outlaw them or restrict them in so may other ways that it'll make ownership impossible.

I wonder if Trump could get a law through that bans cities, counties, and states from passing laws that preempt federal laws on the same matter?

I know right now here in Minnesota, the State legislature is trying to pass a law to stop ultra-liberal cities (I'm looking at you, Minneapolis) from passing local laws that overrule state laws on the exact same issue. Minneapolis is trying to ram though an anti-business minimum wage law that will create a patchwork of wage levels that will be a nightmare to comply with.

Hopefully we can get more of these laws past to shut down libtard local yokos from passing illegal laws that overrule existing legislation. If a higher level of government has the Constitutional right to regulate something, then lower levels should be locked out of micro-regulation.

Grouse

If the states do that, time to move.

I can't believe i grew up in Seattle. It used to be that teachers and people in general were more private about their politics, but at the very least accepting of differing points of view.

The intolerance of the left is amazing. Especially considering what they pretend to preach in the streets.

But, it's also one of the reasons i moved away and had no reason or desire to go back in 20 years.

What ever happened to agree to disagree and letting people live their lives in peace without trying to get the government to make you live the way i want you to live?

The gun bans and the like the Left cries about is rooted in this, and it's about time it stopped. Especially after seeing their representatives out marching and protesting. They can't even do that without getting nasty, profane, vulgar and ironically everything they accuse the other side of.
Where is the tolerance? Acceptance of differing views, and respect for the law, and other people and their views.

Why shouldn't i just do as i wish and force them to like it as we cram it down their traps?
I would be willing to have a debate about the 1st and 2nd or 4th amendments if they were really willing to have a debate and talk about the facts and not get emotional and start screaming and yelling when they can't make their points.

It's seriously like dealing with tweeners..

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZ

It's seriously like dealing with tweeners during a temper tantrum.

Forgot to finish a sentence there, Grouse. FIFY
grin.gif

in a few states they're already totally illegal. you can't even own one, much less use it for any purpose. I think that's now about 5 states in all.

in other states you can own them but not hunt with them. that number is shrinking.

in yet some others, you can use them for some hunting but not for every species. I'd like to think that such complicated restriction can be fixed, I prefer to simply allow them for legally hunting any species during any open gun season, nice & simple.

personally I can say that if this passes, 2 suppressors will move to the top of my shooting needs list. one each for my wife's and my own 6.5 Grendel AR's

I'd be moving on that already but the extra tax combined with the wait really does hamper the ability to do 2 of them.

I hope to god that this thing passes. Maybe then I can get my suppressor that the batfe approved back in November, but cant seem to send the paperwork to my ffl.

Back