Doug from Camera Land is off to SHOT Show

gr8fuldoug

f2af3c4f-e0a7-4a16-82ab-9e0672616b49.gif

Doug from Camera Land is off to SHOT Show

Now that the new year has arrived it means many things to many people:
A new calendar
A fresh start
SHOT Show

For the purpose of this writing SHOT Show is what January brings. As in years past I have a VERY full plate. Actually, this year I think I have more appointments then ever before.
I have appointments with:

AIM Sports, Bushnell, Carson, Hawke, Konus, Kowa, Leica, Leupold, Meopta, Minox, Schmidt & Bender, ScopeCoat, Sellmark, Steiner, Swarovski, Vortex, & Zeiss

Looking to add some new lines this year to try to expand our offerings. Of course only with quality products we feel would be beneficial to you.

Vortex was nice enough to give us a heads up on some of their new products:
Basically the entire PST line of riflescopes has been replaced with a Gen II series....
"This updated favorite hands an unfair advantage to shooters who seek to keep the upper hand in every situation from close quarters to long-range shots. The illumination dial is cleanly integrated into the side focus adjustment knob for easy access and streamlined performance. The glass-etched reticle offers shooters highly functional, intuitive, and detailed hold points, yet remains uncluttered for optimal viewing and features 10 intensity levels with off positions between each setting."
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP - EBR-2C MRAD, Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 FFP - EBR-2C MOA & Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 - EBR-4 MOA
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 FFP - EBR-2C MRAD, Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 FFP - EBR-2C MOA & Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 - EBR-4 MOA
Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2-10x32 FFP - EBR-4 MRAD & Vortex Viper PST Gen II 2-10x32 FFP - EBR-4 MOA

They've added a couple of Tactical Diamondback 1" Tube Scopes for an affordable tactical option($299.99 / $279.99):
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 4-12x40 - VMR-1
Vortex Diamondback Tactical 3-9x40 - VMR-1

In Red Dot Sights they've added a Venom Red Dot - 6 MOA Dot

Vortex Fury HD 10x42 Rangefinding Binocular LRF300 @ $1199.99

Meopta has announced:
Meopta has expanded their bullet drop compensation (BDC) reticle offerings in select riflescopes for 2017.
The MeoStar R2 1-6x24 RD and MeoStar R1r 3-12x56 RD are now available with two new BDC reticles – the BDC-2 or BDC-3 – with illuminated red dot. Both of these BDC reticles are located in the second focal plane.
The BDC-2 reticle provides holdover out to 800 yards while the BDC-3 reticle provides holdover options out to 500 yards and features hold points for wind correction equating to 10 mph along the horizontal axis of the major yardage lines.

I'm looking forward to my meeting with Kowa. A long time industry friend is now the Kowa sales manager so I'm thinking we may be able to work together to bring some exciting deals to you. The Kowa spotters have always been among the finest out there so this could be a wonderful meeting.

The Minox meeting should be interesting. After as long as I can remember Minox has been distributed in the USA through the same people that distribute S&B, however, Blaser bought a majority stake in Minox and now they are handling distribution in the USA. Not really sure what to expect. I spoke with Christian from Blaser and he seems to be a nice guy and wants to hit the ground running with Minox so I am guardedly excited.

As always I'll be putting together a SHOT Show report while I am there in order to share the week's experiences with you. Stay tuned & I'll do my best to keep you informed.

As always I do ask that while I am away, Jan 15th - 23rd please make sure Joel, CameraLand@aol.com and Neil, CameraLandNeil@aol.com don't get lonely. Feel free to e-mail them or give a call, 516-217-1000 and check up on them. lol.

If there are any products (in Sports Optics or our Photo divisions) you'll be looking for while I am away at SHOT just mention to them that Doug said there a special SHOT Show Sale going on and they will give you special discounted pricing.

Have a great day,
Doug
gr8fuldoug@aol.com
Camera Land
516-217-1000
www.cameralandny.com

Back