Called In And Shot My 1st Coyote

CT-Fur

I recently purchased a FoxPro WildFire electronic caller and got to use it about a month ago. I setup bright and early on a hillside next to a field. I started off using an "adult cottontail distress" call for about 2 minutes then silent for a minute and then again for 2 minutes and silent for one minute then changed to "baby cottontail distress" and about 30 seconds later I spotted this coyote coming in from down wind, she spotted my Primos Sit'N Spin predator decoy and walked within 50 yards of me. One shot to the head with a 22 mag dropped her, what a rush it was seeing her come in to the call, will go out again tomorrow

Last edited:
Congrats on your first!
thumbup.gif
and a pretty one at that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: masshunterNow you did it ! LOL More guns, more gear ! Was that your first stand ? Nice looking fur on that one, hope your success continues.
It was my first stand ever, but I must admit, I hunted exactly where I was seeing a lot of coyotes during this past deer season, in fact I sat in the same tree stand that I deer hunted in.

Awesome! Good job on your first stand and getting it done with the little gun. I've also used some deer stands with success in the past. Before my son was tagging along I used to set up a couple ladders and hang-ons at my favorite stand sites and sneak in to call. It works well, just can't hang them everywhere for all wind conditions. But when the wind is right the stands were ready. Congrats again!

Hey, nice goin' !! Nice looking dog, and a head shot no less! Are you limited to rimfire where you hunt? Just wondering cause I'm a big .22 mag. fan but I don't always get clean shots like that so I rarely bring it along. But I totally would if I had to. Might end up passing on a shot, but still .22 mag. rocks.

Originally Posted By: defiant3Are you limited to rimfire where you hunt? Just wondering cause I'm a big .22 mag. fan but I don't always get clean shots like that so I rarely bring it along. But I totally would if I had to. Might end up passing on a shot, but still .22 mag. rocks.
I hunt on private land and there are no restrictions, this is the smallest caliber I have other than a 22lr, been thinking about getting a 22 hornet, I'll be saving all the pelts so I need a fur-friendly caliber. State land here in CT is rimfire only.

Back