Photon 6.5x50 vs pulsar N750

hogsinabind

I have the photon with a Elusive Wildlife Ir light I also had an Evolvo T38 light I am just not happy with the identification capabilities with this set up past about 100 yards. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with the pulsar digital scopes that can give me some insight. I scan with a pulsar HD 50s.

If you can't ID animals with the Photon past one hundred yards you either have something wrong with your scope or your IR light or both.

I have a pulsar n750 that I run with a torch ir light and it can easily identify coyotes out to 300 yards. Actually I have other night vision and thermal scopes and the pulsar n750 is hard to beat for the price.

Are you sure the IR beam is centered in the FOV of the photon?

If the EWT won't focus it would be hard to tell. I see now they offer a lot of lights. If it is an HS802 light it's at the low end of lights today. A non-focus-able IR light with the Photon would have no way of eliminating glare from ground cover unless it has a dimmer.

The Evola T20 should focus down to the image of the LED, you need to center that image in your FOV and then I back mine out till it fills the FOV.

I can easily see 200 yards or more with my IR and my Photon.

Last edited:
Back