Why buy one for $100, when you can build one for $500!

ndav8r

Hey there gang:
Had my eye on a couple of concentricity tools that are out there, but decided to build one for myself. Did this one about 2 years ago and still operating perfect yet.

Can handle up to 50 cal....

Different sized mandrels for a variety of calibers and bullet shapes...

Use a 1/10,000 travel indicator and with a little time, I usually get them to about 3/10,000...

I bought a SPI caliber thimble to push the bullet to a referenced number...

Used all scrap items that I recycled out of my junk box.

Designed this in AutoCad and built from billet Aluminum. Took me forever to complete the darn thing...

Now I have to work on my shooting skills! Theres always room for improvements!!
Gale Hansen
Valley City ND

Last edited:
Ditto what everyone has said... you could probably turn around and sell that to someone in the benchrest community for a pretty penny if you ever wanted to.

Very impressive work! I built one years ago with minimal tools at hand (drill press)so not nearly as nice as yours though.
smile.gif

I mounted a Redfield sight base on mine as well for checking repeatability of rear sights on target rifles.

Regards,
hm

I guessing to have the time, material and machine to build that you probably work for the government. The only people I know who do self designed projects like this one work for some government agency somewhere. Wish I did.

Originally Posted By: MotoHunterI guessing to have the time, material and machine to build that you probably work for the government. The only people I know who do self designed projects like this one work for some government agency somewhere. Wish I did.

Working for the Government?...not hardly! I have been a do-it-yourselfer since my training wheels. Got educated in machining and autocad, amoungs other trades in adult education classes. I work at an aircraft repair facility and a true dumpster diver!

Gorgeous! Simply Just!

The title of this thread, why buy for $100 when you can build for $500, makes me smile. I definitely have episodes of that
laugh.gif

- DAA

Back