Fox Vocalizations (CAT?)

Pruson

Cooper Woods killed this nice bobcat here in Central Virginia this evening while I was calling with fox vocalizations. Who would have thought they would come to that. Cooper said Curiosity killed that cat. He came in after about 20 minutes of Platinum Gray and Screaming Gray Fox.

Cool. I've heard of cats coming to pup distress, have never witnessed that myself. Congrats on a nice surprise.

If you set up close to one, they are going to come look regardless of the sound. It's just a matter of seeing them. Hunting at night with thermal has proven that quite a bit. I've had them come in to coyote howls and vocals more than a few times, they just want to see what's going on.

Sonny and I walk about a mile trying to find open woods but time was running out so we set up where we had a few very small openings. I had my pulsar 19a and my 222 shooting the gray box 50 grn. soft points with the pulsar xd 50A scope. It was starting to get hard to see through the briars so I started to use my 19a to scan. After about 5 minutes or so I saw a bright spot through the briars. When it move into the small opening I could see it was bobcat and took the shot. I know I would not have known he was there if I Hadn't been using thermal . It makes me wonder how many we have called up over the years and never knew they were there.

I don't have the platinum grey sound on my call but from what I've been hearing about everything wil come in to that sound. I guess I better try and get it. Congrats on the cat.

Originally Posted By: canvasbackI don't have the platinum grey sound on my call but from what I've been hearing about everything wil come in to that sound. I guess I better try and get it. Congrats on the cat.

Sometimes a sound comes along that is just magic. Years ago, it was Johnny Stewart's Gray Fox Pup. That sound worked through the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's. I've had it on 45 rpm records, cassette tapes, CD's, digitally downloaded. FoxPro did a lot of work and went through a lot of fox vocals, but when they developed Platinum Gray, they nailed it again. I've called in Grays, Reds as well as coyotes and now this happened.

Platinum Grey is my favorite sound out of the entire FoxPro library.
thumbup1.gif

I am still playing Johnny Stewart's grey fox pup and it still piles them up. I don't have platinum grey but I will by next year. Time to retire the old predation, but it has served me well for many years.

Back