X- bolt for coyote?

Originally Posted By: Bill SI'm looking for a light weight .223 to shoot coyote at no more than 150 yards. The x bolt stalker came up in a search and got my attention. Has anyone here had experience with this rifle? I read a few reports that accuracy was a problem. Is it as accurate as a Rem 700 or Savage .223?

This is my first post here although I've stopped by many times.

Your response will be appreciated.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I've shot my hunting partner's x-bolt .204 (it is the eclipse model). I think the eclipse is the same action just with a difference barrel and stock???? Not sure, but anyway....it might honestly be the most accurate rifle I've ever shot at 200-300 yards. It shoots flat and he has no issues with accuracy, even from the 32gr fiochiis that he shoots that I've heard other guys say aren't as accurate for them. THat's all I know about them. I love the 60 degree bolt throw too, I know you will too - wish the ruger I use for pred hunting had only 60 deg throw....
frown.gif

Well, this was a tough decision. After a "reasonably" objective selection process I went with two rifles. The .223 ended up to be a Rem 700P LTR. The x bolt sure looked good to me although I was nervous about negative reviews. Regardless, I read a lot of positive stuff here and that convinced me to replace the old 22-250 with an x-bolt predator in 22-250. I'll be selling off a lot of guns to pay for these big .22s.

There are lots of agendas floating around on the internet that tend to muddy the waters for some people. Good luck with your choices and enjoy them.

Back