Tikka T3x Lite suppressed

rtaylor

So a month or so ago I finally got my SAS Resistor in and it was great on my AR. I got my first suppressor kill last weekend on a doe with the ole .223. I sent my Tikka to TS customs to have it threaded and Travis did a great job. I finally got to shoot today. It was first time shooting my Tikka and first time shooting a suppressor on a bolt gun and all I can say is I had no idea what I was missing. It was so quiet it made me smile. I see all these kids these days doing hashtag stuff. I don't know what it means but let me try: #nevershootingwithoutasuppressoragain

Haha, congrats! I've yet to hear a story of a new owner saying they wasted money and hated how quiet it was!

How do you like your Tikka T3x? I am getting ready to buy one soon. I am thinking of getting the lite as well. I have heard nothing but great comments on the out of the box accuracy and tight action.

My unsuppressed T3X Superlight had great out of the box accurracy with factory ammo. I really enjoy this rifle in every way and now grab it before my Sako's or Sauers.

I've only got a box through it so far but the accuracy for an out of the box without really breaking it in is very good. I'm going to hit the range again tomorrow and stretch the distance a little and test different ammo. I'm sure I'll be happy with the results.

I also had my T3 Lite .270 threaded 1/2x28 by Travis and he did a great job. I shot a doe with it this season and loved how quiet it was with my SilencerCo Omega. I have a T3 Lite .243 I need to have him thread as well.

Originally Posted By: MarvinskyThey are much nicer on bolts vs ARs for sure.

That's a fact! Occasionally you see a video where they are metering a suppressor on an AR and the unsuppressed db level is in the 160's and the suppressed level 1m to the side is in 130's. Then they show you at the shooter's ear and it is around 150 db!

223 AI With Omega
Pleasure to shoot!
Fits on my 17 Hornet, 243 AI, 260 rem, and my 7 mag
Will soon be fitted to Others as well.

Very nice!
Be careful with the cds that top turret will move from everyday hunting handling .I had one on my 260 and a few times noticed during the season it was not in the right spot.

Been thinking about picking up Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor. How is the accuracy for a factory gun? I have played with the actions, and Trigger in the shop. Very nice for factory. Never taken one to the range.

thanks
Steve
RLTW.
Colonialamoryllc@gmail.com

Very good shooters. You would like I'm sure.
thumbup.gif

So I've got several boxes of ammo through the new gun and I am very impressed. So far it likes the Winchester ballistic silver tips 95 grain the best. It is shooting 1 moa and I'm sure the gun could do better with a better shooter. The farthest I've shot so far is 300 yards in the wind and snow last week and it still produced a 5 shot group of about 3 inches which I am more than happy with. The SAS suppressor really makes it quiet and the Leupold VX-6 is nice and clear and tracks well. Now I just need to get some blood on it.

Back