buffer ?

bigtommy

I have been thinking of getting a new buffer in my AR. I currently am using a ST T2 with a stock spring. I have been looking at the VLTOR A5, JP silent captured spring, and getting a tubs flat wire spring. I would like it to make it a bit smoother for faster sight recovery and quit it down a bit. What are your thoughts and what do you like.

i had a tubs flatwire spring in my grendel and liked it alot till my wife got me a JP silent captured spring for my birthday and now i have them in all my AR's. they are pricey but well worth it IMO

You would be better off with a adjustable gas block to tone down the gas flow for faster sight recovery, heavier buffers are kind of a band aid. Im not saying hey dont help it depends on how overly gassed the gun is. Iv made carrier weights that have helped some guns that needed toned down just a tad. The JP spring set up will get rid of the sproing sound.

I run a vltor tube, spikes t2 buffer, and a stock spring; coupled with a seekins adjustable gas block. Seems to fit the bill on my Grendel build.

if i were to upgrade past basic buffer weight modification - i'd go straight to a JP as well.

combined with the AGB, taking the sprong out would be kinda cool, even though i've always been a "embrace the sprong" kind of guy.

i guess i'm worried that if i went JP on one of my guns... i'd have to do all the lowers lol

Back