$300 Decision

liliysdad

If a person had a $300 hard budget to spend on a call...and that person found the Banshee, and the Fury II (refurb) for that money...

What would be the best choice?

I know you said you have a firm price of $300 but for another $100 ($399.00 & free shipping). Look at the cs24c. All predator calls has them on sale and are great people to deal with.

If your budget is STRICTLY $300 it's the BANSHEE!! If you can swing $399 then by all means the CS24C BY A MILE!!! I just sold my Banshee for a new CS24C. SUPERIOR REMOTE!!!

The Fury was $500 because they could. It was a top call at its time. Call itself is good. However the remote is so inferior to today's calls I would not even bother with one.

Last edited:
Thank you...that is exactly the kind of info I was hunting.

So...the remote is the only thing better about the CS24? What does the CS24 Remote do that the Banshee remote doesnt?

The TX1000 is the best there is today. I would not consider a caller without it. It's very easy to see day and night, and intuitive to use. I've sold several callers due to an inferior remote. It would be money well spent and will be worth more if you need or decide to sell.

Isn't anything wrong with a Fury, if the price is right. Not sure I'd pay 300 bones for a Fury these days, but I used one (paid a lot for it) and it was a real good caller. The tx1000 is super nice, but it isn't like the Fury has the FX3 remote. It works and is readable, just doesn't have all the cool factors. And they are nice! I know this, the Foxbang worked better on the Fury than on the tx1000 remote.

Originally Posted By: littledawgIsn't anything wrong with a Fury, if the price is right. Not sure I'd pay 300 bones for a Fury these days, but I used one (paid a lot for it) and it was a real good caller. The tx1000 is super nice, but it isn't like the Fury has the FX3 remote. It works and is readable, just doesn't have all the cool factors. And they are nice! I know this, the Foxbang worked better on the Fury than on the tx1000 remote.

Just for clarification the Fury ships with the TX-500 series remote control. FX3's shipped with the TX5 series remote control.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadThank you...that is exactly the kind of info I was hunting.

So...the remote is the only thing better about the CS24? What does the CS24 Remote do that the Banshee remote doesnt?

The Banshee remote has excellent range. It lacks illuminated buttons and overall quality of the tx1000. If I STRICTLY hunted in broad daylight. I would have just kept my Banshee. But then again the CS24C was dropped to $399 so who am I kidding.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadThat extra 100 bucks for the CS24 sure is tempting....

Honestly worth every penny. The CS24C was NOT worth the $600 it sold for. However, at $400. Absolutely positively!!!

I've seen fusions in bargain cave at cabelas for 300 bucks they had a discontinued sticker on them I'm thinking the black and white camo pattern has been discontinued I was very tempted to buy but I've spent quite a bit of money lately on other things and couldn't explain it to the mrs. I would check there if you have a cabelas close by.

Last edited:
Well....I did something completely off base.

I ordered a Lucky Duck Revolution. I got a really good deal on it, and was curious to see how good it really is. If its a good piece of gear, great. If not...then I know that FoxPro is, and can always go back.

Back