What's the current thinking on

A trust still offers a little more flexibility than going individual, but the point I was making was since 41F went into play, going with a trust doesn't have quite the same appeal as it once did when LE sign off was required for filing individual and the person that was inquiring, I thought they were trying to keep cost down is why I suggested going individual.

As for using a trust so other family members can have/use your NFA items at their house if they're on your trust, I don't think that's just carte blanche, I think in order to do it legally some specific rules have to be followed or you risk committing a felony, which nobody wants.

Originally Posted By: B23As for using a trust so other family members can have/use your NFA items at their house if they're on your trust, I don't think that's just carte blanche, I think in order to do it legally some specific rules have to be followed or you risk committing a felony, which nobody wants.

What are you talking about! Do you even have a trust?

Originally Posted By: ExCavTankerOriginally Posted By: B23As for using a trust so other family members can have/use your NFA items at their house if they're on your trust, I don't think that's just carte blanche, I think in order to do it legally some specific rules have to be followed or you risk committing a felony, which nobody wants.

What are you talking about! Do you even have a trust?

Yes I have all my NFA items in a trust, have since the very first purchase.

I thought I've read when you have one of your NFA items at another persons house, even if they are on your trust, that it has to be locked in a safe that only you have access to. Or something to that affect. If that isn't the case, so be it.

Back