If You Had To Pick Only 3 Mouth Blown Calls.....

FredMcIntire

If you had to pick only 3 mouth blown calls to carry on your call lanyard, what would you pick for coyote hunting ? Include the call maker and call name/model....

I would have a RED F by Rareearth calls , RR Calls elk horn open reed or Springbok open reed, and my last one would be a diaphragm howler by Crooked Creek calls. With those three calls there isn't a prey distress or coyote vocal that cant be made.

KiYi-Randy Anderson, Lil Dog-Randy Anderson Tweety-Rick Palliet.
I keep trying new calls and come back to these as they keep producing time again over a decade.

My preferences change periodically, but presently I'm using the following: Lockwood Tally-ho, P.S. Olt Squeaker, ELK Power Howler.

Triple reed diaphragm
Will Horting made open reed howler
Suppose one of the Elk inc howlers.

I can do everything from bird distress, cat distress, to howling on the diaphragm. It's a realistic do it all kind of call.

THESE........

These three Magnums made by Robert Patrick of RareEarth Calls have called in multiple coyotes, wolves and bear. One of them is ALWAYS with me!

Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftSorry but I can not just pick three!

I recognize one of them howlers. Will you will it back to me upon your passing? God forbid of course.
wink.gif

Crit-R call- Pee Wee, Silver Dog howler- mighty might and the last one would be a tough choice between one of the many custom calls that I've bought from the vendors on this site.

Originally Posted By: crapshootI recognize one of them howlers. Will you will it back to me upon your passing? God forbid of course.
wink.gif

You will probably have to wrestle my son in law for that when I am gone!
tongue_smilie.gif

Originally Posted By: 220_SwiftOriginally Posted By: crapshootI recognize one of them howlers. Will you will it back to me upon your passing? God forbid of course.
wink.gif

You will probably have to wrestle my son in law for that when I am gone!
tongue_smilie.gif

I'm as much family as he is. We've slept together. WOOPS! THAT DIDN'T COME OUT RIGHT!

Originally Posted By: crapshootI'm as much family as he is. We've slept together. WOOPS! THAT DIDN'T COME OUT RIGHT!

Wasn't much sleeping going on......my wife says I snore so much you probably didn't get much sleep.
w00t.gif

Back