Question on dog remote trainers

evergreentrap

I have two dogs that I am looking to use a collar system with was wondering if any one has experience with the Garmin sport dog system. I am mainly using the tone feature to bring them back to me. If there is another system that is better as far as usability please let me know. thanks in advance.

Ive used several and they all work good. No major complaints from any of them. If I had to pick the best it would be Dogtra. The remote is the most user friendly for me personally. A black button and a orange button, dont get much easier than that.

I have a Garmin Delta you can operate up to three collars in three modes vibrate,constant,momentary. Tone,vib,momentary. Tone,constant,momentary. Collar will run all day for 2-3 days.

I started with a Dogtra. It worked very well for us. When I lost the remote for my Garmin GPS system I bought an Alpha with GPS/Shock/Vibrate/Toner. Works great. I like having the Trainer & GPS in one unit.

I prefer the vibrate function as a pager. I feel my dog more closely associates the vibration with the next stimuli that comes if the vibrate is ignored. I also want to prepare for the likely handicap that all decoy dogs are subject to. A deaf dog can't respond to an audible tone but the vibrate signal can work forever.

Craig & Tucker (-:

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKI started with a Dogtra. It worked very well for us. When I lost the remote for my Garmin GPS system I bought an Alpha with GPS/Shock/Vibrate/Toner. Works great. I like having the Trainer & GPS in one unit.

I prefer the vibrate function as a pager. I feel my dog more closely associates the vibration with the next stimuli that comes if the vibrate is ignored. I also want to prepare for the likely handicap that all decoy dogs are subject to. A deaf dog can't respond to an audible tone but the vibrate signal can work forever.

Craig & Tucker (-:

I tend to agree with that train of thought. I bought a set of Sportdog collars, which are also very good. They have tone or vibrate. Spot is use to Vibrate but comes to a tone as well. I started Freep with just tone. She seems to hear it well. I could go either way now. Still a fan of vibrate.

"I just couldnt hear it boss! Well maybe this will help your hearing."
smile.gif

^^^^^^^ That being said, yes a dog that is actually used will be just like me and lose its hearing from repeated gun shots.

Originally Posted By: btech29^^^^^^^ That being said, yes a dog that is actually used will be just like me and lose its hearing from repeated gun shots.

Only the good ones. The others never hear a shot. Not even that last one. LOL

Back