Camera on rifle scope?

Manny1972

Ive seen on youtube, people taking videos thru their rifle scopes. These make some awesome footage. Do you guys know what camera mounts are good and how it is to shoot your rifle "looking thru the camera"?!
Id guess it hurts accuracy big time?

Last edited:
I would not attach a smart phone or consumer video camera to a center fire rifle. The shock and vibration at the scope is 1,000-10,000 Gs (I've measured it) when the gun fires. A smart phone is tested to 10s of Gs, if at all.

You may want to consider the ShotKam. It has no display and the field of view is too large for long range. It could be used to record short range targets, though. I suppose one could mount it behind a scope and aim the rifle looking at a portable display of some sort. Awkward at best.

www.ShotKam.com

Pulsar Digisight N750 and N550 NV scopes have USB ports to connect small DVRs. The recorders aren't much but the scopes will cost you. Everything you see through the scope is recorded even the crosshairs.

Well I've seen those videos of shooting varmints through the rifle scope. I figured I wanted to try it out. I picked up a Discovery Optics from Amazon. The Amazon site is a bit confusing. I ended up getting the $69.00 universal mount version. That way I won't have to keep buying different bracket for the various smartphones my family uses. My first impression out of the box is this thing looks like it is well made and designed to stay put. It says it's for small calib. I'm assuming rimfire only. I will be using it on my 10/22 and CZ 17hmr. I might try it on my 6x45 since the recoil isn't all that powerful. I'm just waiting for better weather. It's been stinking cold up here in the Pacific NW. At any rate does anyone here use this product. Here is a video from Youtube of someone demonstrating mounting it.

Might check this out...

Video 'No-Shok' Xtreme 3D

It's a pretty innovative product and since he's just getting going he is trying to be very reasonable about the price. I've not used one, but if you watch any of his videos you can see the performance he gets while filming attached to an AR-10 shooting a 110 grain bullet.

Back