What kinda groups should I expect out a POF with a 14.5" barrel?

Dultimatpredator

I loaded up about 25-30 different loads in 40g and 50g nosler ballistic tips and 40, 50, and 60g vmax. I used my lead sled along with a leupold 4.5x 14 target scope. My tests were all at a 100 yards. Expecting to see at least one cloverleaf out all the bullets...well it never happened. Most groups were around an inch to an inch and a half accept for one. The 60g vmax loaded wirh 25g of benchmark I ended up with a .4". I loaded up some 60g nosler ballistic tips and are going to give them a try since noslers have always given me tighter groups than hornadys in every rifle i own. I recently switched out the factory 4.5lb trigger to a 3 lb trimney to see if that will help a little. I can feel a little creep in the new trigger for some reason. Am I using too light of bullets or is this as good as it gets for this kinda rifle?

Last edited:
I went back to the range today and tried the the same vmax/benchmark load with the new trigger and the first group I shot cloverleafed! I'm calling it good.I had two loads left and tried it out at 200...one hit dead center center bullseye and the other was about .2" away from the first.

Last edited:
A short history - want to see really tight groups. Assuming you know how to shoot, the better the trigger you get the more likely you will be to see one jagged hole. Been there 5 times now.

Back