Magazines for 2.3" COL?

Squeeze

Is there a AR-15 magazine out there that will support a 2.3" COL?

I am putting together a 204 Ruger upper(developed for a Savage 16 204R), and was hoping I could run some 204 Ruger loads I have, through it, at least initially. The 39 gr Sierra BK load has a COL=2.75", and that one I think I can squeeze in some old GI mags, but the 35 gr. Berger loads are COL=2.3", and I don't think those will fit in GI mags. I have some 6.8 PRI mags that look possible, but before I buy .223 version of them, I thought I would ask the forum.

Squeeze

Yes the stainless steel ASC, and AR-stoner mags I have are 2.3" Make sure to get stainless, the thinner material allows more internal room.

Originally Posted By: steve garrettYou could just seat the bullets a tad deeper on the loads you already have

I could, but since these loads were developed for another rifle, I was hoping not to have to do anything but shoot some of the rounds, just testing the upper, and zeroing the scope. Besides we are talking a few hundred rounds. It looks like the ASC's will work, and they were relatively inexpensive. I have three on the way. If the rounds don't feed well, then yes I will re-run them through the seater.

Squeeze

Back