Anyone else have this problem?

kam582

Feel free to make fun of me in regards to this post, but I find this frustrating. I haven't worn glasses for 35 years after a radial keratomoty. Well, my age has caught up to me and my eyes have slipped a bit and I'm back with glasses. I really don't need them for coyotes, but they really help spotting a cat that slips to the tree line. My problem is that I walk into the stand, slip on the balaclava, and instant fogged glasses, particularly on a morning like this morning at 8 below. Does anyone know of a fix for this? The lenses are plastic so I have to be careful applying anything to them. Getting old sucks!

I don't hunt much in the winter any more but when I did Breachwood Casy had a non-fogging product for glasses that worked good for me, not perfect but good. Have not seen it on the shelves for quite some time, don't know if it's still available but would assume someone make it or similar

My dad recently started needing glasses for everyday life so he started hunting with them too. He complains all the time about how they're fogging up on him and he can't see anything. I laugh but I know in 25 years I'll be there too so I'll enjoy my eyesight while it's still good.

Ive had luck wearing ski goggles over my glasses they stop most of my breath from getting to my glasses. The goggles need to fit well or they don't work.

I tried the dishwashing soap idea yesterday. Didn't work for me. Still looking for a good method to keep the glasses clear.

I have struggled with this same problem for 40 years...
In the cold you HAVE to cover all your face or it'll frostbite, It is a must.
When you do your glasses fog and frost.
JUST this year I found an absolute cure.
Snow ski goggles .
Try them on at the store WITH your glasses on some will not fit over specs. I got a pair form Amizon.$16
look here
I got them in yellow lenses to help see in flat light.
Holy crap, where have you been all my life!!!
Now when it's -30 I can cover my face and NEVER be in a FOG again !!!
Laugh if you want but till you try it, you will be amazed!

I use a product made by "Drager" that we used on our mine rescue apparatus face masks & my glasses inside the mask. Have been using it for ~ 40 years. I believe firemen use the same type of treatment on their face mask, if you know a fireman yu might get him to treat them for you to see if it works. As long as I don't get the glasses wet the treatment can last several days.

To the OP, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! lol My wife and I both where glasses and both struggle with fogging. We are going to try the Pert for sure.

Back