Will TSA change their flying with firearms policy?

Dultimatpredator

I'm heading out west in a few weeks on a predator hunt and am nervous that TSA will change their policy and not let me take my hunting firearms with me after yesterdays shooting. I hope one idiot won't wreck checking in firearms for us sportsmen and women.

Last edited:
worst case you do is UPS them to yourself at the destination - and have them hold it at the local pickup hub if there's one close.

thats always been an option, but like wklman said, doubtful they will - or if they do, i'd have to guess they'll just make you go through more security stuff to pick them up after your flight.

way too many CPL holders and sportsmen out there who travel to have them do an outright ban on checked baggage transport because of one incident, unless of course they get a LOT of pressure from the Lame Duck.

tsa doesn't have the authority to change it. they might be able to change check in & check out procedures, but not whether or not they can be taken as checked baggage

Quote:i'd have to guess they'll just make you go through more security stuff to pick them up after your flight.,,,,,Actually, that wouldn't be a bad idea if they were listed on the TSA manifest where a TSA agent was expecting them to be in the incoming baggage and ID's the person retrieving it...It might speed up the investigations when one comes up missing from flight baggage...

While it doesn't happen that often, it's sure inconvenient when it does happen and you have to wait for an investigation to begin several hours or days later..

There are thousands of people traveling everyday with firearms. This is the first time something like this has ever happened. They would have to perform legal acrobatics to significantly change the way things are done.

Back