Snow Camo Gun Sock -- Where to get ? (Other "Options" updated)

Old No7

I've had really good luck using the green or brown camo Gun Socks made by Hunter's Specialties. I've cut slots in the fabric for the top safety, bottom ejection, pump action and the front & rear add-on turkey sights for my Browning BPS Upland Special. They fit really well and really help to camo and protect my shotgun.

Now I am looking for one in Snow Camo, but I'm having no luck... It's the one in the bottom of this old pix I found online:
Snow_Camo_Gun_Sock.jpg

I know I can use Snow Camo vet wrap, as I used that and some white electrical tape this last weekend.

But I still think that with all the predator hunters and snow goose hunters out there, someone might have a lead on where I can get a Snow Camo one. I've checked all the big box stores and come up empty...

Any ideas???

At this point, I'd take "new old stock" or even a "lightly used one" if you have one and don't like/use it any longer.

Thanks from a snowbound Maine-iac!

Old No7

Last edited:
I have played around with remington wraps but see cabelas also carries McNett Camo Form™ Protective Camouflage Gun Wraps. Just a thought

McMillan and B&C make snow camo rifle stocks. Seems like you need a shotgun stock though. If it's wood, buy the black composite stock and...

If your stock is fine and shoots good, I'd send your current stock to Fosnaugh Customs (Eddie Fosnaugh) for a Cerekote job. $100 for a solid color and an extra $45 for any other color splatter/webbing. He can also do other patterns. Those prices are for a rifle stock, not sure what it'd be for a 2pc shotgun stock.

I use McNEtt camo wrap as well. Cant say enough good things about it. I had my Tikka 243 wrapped for 2 seasons, finally took it off this year to make sure I didnt have an y rust developing. Looked brand new underneath and then I re applied the wrap again.
16522691046_bf0be42558_b.jpg

16547027601_100d731a8c_b.jpg

Updating an older posting, as it is "Snow Camo Season" again...
Maybe this info will be helpful to some others.

About two years ago, I tried unsuccessfully to find a new "old stock" Hunter's Specialties "Snow Camo" Gun Sock as I had really good luck with the Advantage Camo one I've used during spring turkey season.

A few guys above suggested the McNett Camo Wrap (which is just printed "vet wrap"), and I'd used that in the past on my old side-by-side I had, so I went in that direction. The Rem 700 222 below wears a Snow Camo set from Beartooth Products (but they no longer carry that color), including a scope cover to camo & protect my illuminated-dot Leupold VX6 2-12X. (Wow, what an awesome scope that is!)

Snow_Camo_2015_02_Medium_.JPG

I'm pretty happy with how the McNett wrap came out on the BPS 12 ga Upland Special, and you can see how I secured it with white electrical tape. It's wrapped very tightly around the barrel so I still can easily pump the action and the wrap doesn't bind it up at all, so that's good.

The only problem I have now is....................

I'd better not drop the BPS!!!

Here they are with my Snow Camo jacket and coveralls...

Snow_Camo_2015_01_Medium_.JPG

My wife is a little worried that if I break my leg a mile or so in, they may not find me until MAY!
scared.gif

Oh well, might as well go doing what I love!

Happy hunting.

Old No7

Last edited:
Back