Administrator
Staff member
What I just did:

untitled-2W.jpg

Ready to go to the 'smith.

Now... Where'd I leave that kilobuck laying? Maybe I can get a bulk discount
smile.gif

- DAA

I haven't talked to anyone yet, but I am hoping to get them all done local.

Had one done at LRI awhile back and was totally happy with how that went. Would gladly send off all the bare barrels there to have them done. But, I don't know how to get the receivers off three of the rimfires, making shipping on them an FFL deal. So, easier if I can take them all to someone nearby.

Going to call Cody Farr next week, see if he can do the rimfires and if so, will likely run the whole batch up to him. If the rimfires are an issue, I'll probably get ahold of Chad at LRI and see if he wants to mess with them and just do the FFL shipping.

- DAA

Dave, Cody will be able to do a Great job for you. He has done every one of my rifles and there perfect. he just done 3 CZs for me in 22lr, 17HMR and a 17 Hornet.

Have you got the Spec II yet?

Don't have the Spectre just yet, but it shouldn't be too much longer - check was cashed in May. Figure, probably not more than another four, five weeks
smile.gif

Be nice to have the barrels all threaded and waiting for it!

Picked up my Ultra 7 a few weeks ago, been using it on the .20-250, anxious to try it on the .17 Predator. And the others too, of course
smile.gif

- DAA

I don't think you have to go through FFL to get a rifle worked on. It can go straight to the smith and straight back to you. Check into it. LRI would know if you call them.

Anyway that's a pile of barrels to thread.

Jason

call ADCO - i know they can receive and ship direct to/from customers for parts/receivers/firearms sent in for work.

they do nice threading too - they've done all my aftermarket barrel threading.

This direct ship thing is ringing a bell
lol.gif
. I've sent enough rifles off for barrel fitting, you'd think I might remember that? I swear, the mind is just turning to mush. Body too, far as that goes...

Will give Cody a call this coming week and it sounds like that ought to work.

Otherwise, yeah, LRI will get them. LRI is less expensive, and if I got them all in one or two boxes shipping wouldn't be that much either. The one I had LRI do last summer, had it back in less than a week - they turned it around and shipped it back the same day they got it. I'm a picky, picky, snotty, snobby, hard to please SOB when it comes to machine work on my rifles, their thread job is a thing of beauty.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAThis direct ship thing is ringing a bell
lol.gif
. I've sent enough rifles off for barrel fitting, you'd think I might remember that? I swear, the mind is just turning to mush. Body too, far as that goes...
- DAA

I've heard that good whiskey and cigars will kill brain cells.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: DAAThis direct ship thing is ringing a bell
lol.gif
- DAA

grin.gif

I thought it only kills the weak ones ?
whistle.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: DAAThis direct ship thing is ringing a bell
lol.gif
- DAA

grin.gif

I thought it only kills the weak ones ?
whistle.gif

All of mine are weak.
cry.gif

Yeah, mine are all weak too...

Did get all those barrels dropped off last night though.
smile.gif

- DAA

Back