Any butt guys here?

P-One,
This one was a simple store ham too, and on sale for $1.59 per pound. We were rushed for time so we just used the glaze packet and it worked just fine! Next time you do one and want to add a little something, stir up a Tbsp or two of apricot preserves in the glaze.
grin.gif

Had some of the leftover this morning with scrambled eggs and homemade apple butter on toasted cinnamon/raisin bread.
tongue_smilie.gif

I hate you guys (especially Jeff)....lol

I am at Bryce Canyon with the fam and just gorged myself on some VERY poor quality buffet....

Originally Posted By: LazerusI hate you guys (especially Jeff)....lol

I am at Bryce Canyon with the fam and just gorged myself on some VERY poor quality buffet....

Well that's a bummer about the food, but I bet the scenery more than made up for it!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707P-One,
This one was a simple store ham too, and on sale for $1.59 per pound. We were rushed for time so we just used the glaze packet and it worked just fine! Next time you do one and want to add a little something, stir up a Tbsp or two of apricot preserves in the glaze.
grin.gif

Had some of the leftover this morning with scrambled eggs and homemade apple butter on toasted cinnamon/raisin bread.
tongue_smilie.gif

good call, i'll have to give that a whirl on the next one. we just dont eat ham often, and now that we've smoked one i doubt we'll go back to normal cooking one.

i'll remember that for sure though!

I used apple cider vinegar and orange/mango juice for an injection.
Turned out pretty good. I prefer the sweet heat sauce, the wife like just sweet. Since there's only the 2 of us, we'll be eating on this a while.

That's the best part of a butt or ham cook-
You get so much good food for the time you have invested. You can feed a bunch of folks for a day or so, or you can feed a couple of folks for a couple of days and then bag and freeze the rest of it.

Originally Posted By: fw707That's the best part of a butt or ham cook-
You get so much good food for the time you have invested. You can feed a bunch of folks for a day or so, or you can feed a couple of folks for a couple of days and then bag and freeze the rest of it.

Made 15 bean soup with the ham bone from Christmas. Chicken stock, HamBeen brand 15 bean mix (Cajun recipe), diced onion and garlic. 5 hours on the slow cooker and it's done. Amazing!

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: fw707That's the best part of a butt or ham cook-

Made 15 bean soup with the ham bone from Christmas. Chicken stock, HamBeen brand 15 bean mix (Cajun recipe), diced onion and garlic. 5 hours on the slow cooker and it's done. Amazing!

Man that sounds great!
I bet it fed a bunch of folks too!

Back