Carbon fiber handguard

yotehunter243

My dad has been complaining about his hands getting cold on his 450 while deer huntings. So figured a Hogue or carbon fiber was the best solution. I searched and searched and found a place that sells them extremely reasonable and figured I'd pass it on. I removed all the rails and this thing is extremely light and rigid. $47 compared to all the $300 carbons I found I figured it was worth a try
handguard

Good carbon fiber handguards are Clark Custom, Lancer, and Hiperform. Neither require epoxy like the old designs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LazerusJoseph, out of curiosity is there a "danger" in using something like this or simply a failure issue?

Decent carbon fiber handguards aren't cheap to make. IMO, it's not worth buying a "carbon fiber" handguard that is suspect in quality. If you want to buy it because it's cheap then that's fine I guess, but I wouldn't put it on the same plane as the other carbon fiber handguards on the market in terms of strength or service-life.

Well put the handguard on. It fit nicely and bolted together nicely and bolted together fine. If it was for me I would of used vet wrap or just put on gloves but it's my 65 yr old dad and it's what he wanted. Shot it today and it still shoots sub MOA. So only time will tell in the integrity of it. I'll say 99% of all my building stuff come from Joe bobs. If this gun gets handled 10 times a year it will be lucky. But if he has troubles with it I'll be the first to come and post about it.

Back