Is there a 100% dog-safe snare?

fw707

A guy asked me today about trapping some coyotes on his place.
I'd like to find some way to do it without spending a bunch of $$ on traps, and with absolutely zero chance of hurting somebody's dog.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Set snares with deer stops in areas with least chance of entanglement. Stay away from fences and so on where a non target can hang themselves. In my experience it seems that a demestic will realize it's not going anywhere and quit pulling and be there waiting for you to release it.Also use a relaxing lock.

Originally Posted By: buckeyejimSet snares with deer stops in areas with least chance of entanglement. Stay away from fences and so on where a non target can hang themselves. In my experience it seems that a demestic will realize it's not going anywhere and quit pulling and be there waiting for you to release it.Also use a relaxing lock.

^^ This ^^. I've caught my dog and my sisters dog before. Luckily (this is the only scenerio I will say luckily), the rules here in Wisconsin is that it is a "Cable Restraint" which means a relaxing lock, and it cannot legally be set in areas with entanglement. Both dogs were just sitting there, waiting for me to release them.

IMO, to answer ur question....No. there is no 100% dog safe snare, because what you are targeting is technically k9...is there things you can do to help prevent catching a domestic dog? YES. but nothing is a 100% guarantee like u are asking for.

Last edited:
Back