GC

Ugly customs getting it done...

Gene Ingram Slim Hunter...

Brett Dowell Bird & Trout...

Those things are hideous!
grin.gif

Nice pieces...I like them quite well.

Tim,
$325-ish... Those are deer #3 & #4 for the year. Killed 3/4 - 1 mile back in a national wilderness area. I gutless debone and quarter them, sack 'em up in game bags and strap them on an Eberlestock F1 Mainframe and pack out to the truck. I shot the one last night with my muzzleloader right at dark. I was solo hunting about a mile from the truck in a particularly rough section of steep Ozark country. Quartered up by headlamp on a starry night and serenaded by owls and coyotes throughout the hike out. Wonderful evening...

Originally Posted By: GC Quartered up by headlamp on a starry night and serenaded by owls and coyotes throughout the hike out. Wonderful evening...

By yourself?

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: GC Quartered up by headlamp on a starry night and serenaded by owls and coyotes throughout the hike out. Wonderful evening...

By yourself?

Yes sir...

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: GC Quartered up by headlamp on a starry night and serenaded by owls and coyotes throughout the hike out. Wonderful evening...

By yourself?

Yes sir...

It don't get no better than that.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: GCTim,
$325-ish... Those are deer #3 & #4 for the year. Killed 3/4 - 1 mile back in a national wilderness area. I gutless debone and quarter them, sack 'em up in game bags and strap them on an Eberlestock F1 Mainframe and pack out to the truck. I shot the one last night with my muzzleloader right at dark. I was solo hunting about a mile from the truck in a particularly rough section of steep Ozark country. Quartered up by headlamp on a starry night and serenaded by owls and coyotes throughout the hike out. Wonderful evening...

I guess the really cool part about that is the works mostly done when you get back home!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Good stuff, I do like the shape of the Dowell knife, the most. I like a good point on a field knife.

I only own two true custom knives, and would give neither one up. JP Miller from near Fairbanks, Iowa.

Originally Posted By: GC Quartered up by headlamp on a starry night and serenaded by owls and coyotes throughout the hike out. Wonderful evening...

Good Stuff, have gutted a few in the dark.... Iowa is flat enough to drive to though
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707I got one that's just kinda ugly:

Does that count?

Yuck... (
smile.gif
) Does it do any work?

Back