South Carolina hunters

Fullcurl

I'm new to the site and just wondering how many other sc hunters were on here. I would also like to say great site and thanks to everyone for the great information that is posted . Thanks

Hi another new member from SC. I am a hunter to be with a Christmas caller. Going to try the coyotes starting next week.
This is a great forum with a LOT of info and a bunch of knowledgeable folks.

Smoke and Keith I hope you both have some luck. It can be difficult and discouraging hunting coyotes here in the east . Im still learning, been at it for 3 years now . I've called in and killed a few bobcats and few missed opportunities on coyotes. But finally called in and connected with a coyote Tuesday around 1:30 in the afternoon. Good luck and don't give up.

Dan we are not to far apart maybe we can get together one day . I've got about 4000 acres around the florence area. And hope to be getting more now that deer season is over.

I have been on here for a few years. Mostly reading other people's posts.
I live in Columbia , but started hunting coyotes in lower Fairfield county about 3 years ago. Killed one, missed one and have seen a few with missed opportunities.

Seems like most people are from the west or northeast on here, but I expect to see more SC hunters come along with predator hunting growing in the southeast.
Even though most of the hunters are from other areas, and their coyotes are completely different from ours, I apply some of their philosophies to my hunting and it helps me learn more every time. Experience is key to making good sets.

Good luck to you!

Another new member here from Lexington SC. My friend and I started trapping about a year ago and are now trying our hand at varmint hunting. Good to see some members close by!

Virginia here, but just came back up from vacation in Orlando 3 weeks ago. You guys have your fair share of them for sure. Saw quite a few dead coyotes on I-95 in South Carolina and one wild pig on the way back home.

I hunted it Friday night, but they didn't want to talk or move much. I got to messing with video Saturday and said the heck with it.

Hunted last night and they seem like they don't want to do respond vocally right and are holding tight. We did pull a single and kill it then had 3 on another stand that we killed one on.

Back