Where to find 30 gr 17 caliber bullets

Anybody heard of a guy named Bob Vining? I was talking to him on facebook on a varmint hunting page and he says he makes 17,20, and 22 bullets. 17-37 grainers if I remember correctly.Is that the guy that bought out kindler or someone else from saubier?

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootAre the Blackhole bullets hp or lead tipped? I cannot find any pictures of them.

Mine are hp's and shoot very good in my rifle. They shoot the same load I use for Chan Nagels and the point of impact is the same. I have not tried them on Coyotes, but my opinion of Blaines bullets is pretty high.

It also sounds like the cup base requires the j4 jacket, which he does not use/have anymore. I'm going to order 200 flat base and see how they shoot.

I emailed Berger to say that there was interest in the production of the old 30gr HPBT bullet that I liked so much. Berger did not even respond to my email. At least we have dealers up here that can get Berger bullets otherwise I would love to try and support guys like Mr. Nagel.

I have been needing to get on here. I bought 200 of the Reed's 32 grain and they shoot exceptionally well. 9 twist shilen that didn't shoot the golds well. I am really happy with accuracy. I have been using the hammett 27.5's on coyotes for a buddy of mine and I am going to shoot one more and then switch to the REED 32's I shot 3 jacks with them just burning up what I had loaded and I am really excited about accuracy and performance. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that some rifles shoot the REEDS bullets very well. And the guy I dealt with at REEDs was super cool.

Thanks for the update dan. What powder you using with those? Im assuming your shooting a 17 rem? Does that mean you have some golds for sale?? Lol

Last edited:
lol.gif

- DAA

Originally Posted By: WhoCaresIsn't Todd Kindler the go to guy for 17 and 20 cal wildcats? He sell multiple grain 17 cal bullets called Kindler Golds. Give him a call, he is in central Ohio. http://woodchuckden.com/

Did you read this whole thread ?
Todd does not do 17 Golds any longer...

Received my order of 30gr flat base Blackhole bullets. Weighed a handful from each box, weights run 30.1-30.35 a couple toggled to 30.4 reweighed them and called it a small sample variance of .25 grains. Appearance wise the hp is small like the Berger match target or the Hornady hp.

Back