Savage AR

BassChamp

I APOLOGIZE IF THIS HAS BEEN DISCUSSED, BUT WHAT IS THE OPINIONS REGARDING THE RECENT ANNOUNCEMENT THAT SAVAGE IS BRINGING OUT AN AR PLATFORM GUN IN JANUARY?

Got a notice from joebobs that they have the patrol version for sale. Haven't really looked at it too much, but was favorably impressed with what I saw on the ad.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Haven't seen any real discussion on it.

And why are you YELLING?

yOU sHOULD hAVE aSKED iF hE hAS sEEN hIS cAPSLOCK kEY lATELY
grin.gif

I saw the patrol version advertised on Joe Bob's. It kinda looks like more of the same that's already on the market. I'm really hoping to see something geared towards precision shooting and/or varmint hunting - especially something with an accu-trigger type system on it. That would be pretty cool.

Then again, if they put their indian head logo on the roll mark, I might have to buy one just for the lower...

Honestly, it just looks like another AR-15/MSR platform. But some will buy it for the Savage name...It does have some nice features, though.

5-r rifling, Wylde chamber and Blackhawk furniture. Should be a solid rifle, really...just nothing "new" about it I guess.

Same thing with Springfield Armory. They just came out with the Saint and it doesn't seem to much more than a standard MSR with a couple of small adders. I would think the market is over stocked with standard MSR's already, why hit the market this late in the game?

In their teaser I thought I saw a side charger handle but I could be mistaken.

I think the more the merrier. More manufacturers mean a bigger dog in the fight when the attempts at banning come again. Now just start making them in calibers other than 223 for hunting.

I think it looks like a decent rifle but the price point is too high for what it is. That one should be under $600

Dang that's almost a duplicate of what Springfield Armory came out with recently. Even mounted the same site and hand guard it looks like. The picture was even taken from the same angle. Do SA and Savage cooperate on marketing, design or manufacturing? Or was it the "Russians" again?

Back