Merry Christmyth/Winter Solstice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it comical that he keeps reciting those lines about the hatred expressed by religions, while repeatedly expressing hatred toward religion.

Then he boasts about how their numbers are growing so rapidly... Hmmmmm! That sounds Obama/Democrat/Woodsnot like so let us see.

According to Wikipedia... 2014 Pew Research Study indicated 22.8% of the population is not religiously affiliated. 3.1% of those are atheist. (Oddly enough about the same numbers as homosexuals tend to cite when trying to prove themselves attention worthy, while they're really not.)

In 2012 Pew reported 19.6% of the population not religiously affiliated, and 2.4% were atheists.

IF, that rate of growth continues, at that rate, in another 278 years, every last Christian will be an atheist! Provided the population quits growing. If the population continues to grow, they increase becomes less, and it would of course take longer.

A few other interesting statistics concerning atheists here in the US...

-- Self-identified atheists tend to be aligned with the Democratic Party and with political liberalism. About two-thirds of atheists (69%) identify as Democrats (or lean in that direction), and a majority (56%) call themselves political liberals (compared with just one-in-ten who say they are conservatives).

-- Atheists overwhelmingly favor same-sex marriage (92%) and legal abortion (87%).
-- In addition, three-quarters (74%) say that government aid to the poor does more good than harm.

-- Although the literal definition of “atheist” is “a person who believes that God does not exist,” according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, 8% of those who call themselves atheists also say they believe in God or a universal spirit. Indeed, 2% say they are “absolutely certain” about the existence of God or a universal spirit.

-- Americans like atheists less than they like members of most major religious groups. A 2014 Pew Research Center survey asked Americans to rate groups on a “feeling thermometer” from zero (as cold and negative as possible) to 100 (the warmest, most positive possible rating). U.S. adults gave atheists an average rating of 41, comparable to the rating they gave Muslims (40) and far colder than the average given to Jews (63), Catholics (62) and evangelical Christians (61).

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/06/01/10-facts-about-atheists/

I wouldn't go ejavculatin all down my leg there IAhater, don't look like y'all atheists are gonna take the world over any time soon, when over 70% of the population is Christian. Y'all might take over a liberal gay bath house or two, but not the world.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerSeeing a troll make a post on this website is like watching a little honey bee fly into a kindergarten classroom.

Yup. The liberal teacher starts screaming and all the girls either hide or agree that it is scary and then a few of the boys that were raised right simply squish the pest.

Dead on accurate Rock.

You're thick. You haven't squashed anything. This is now the most viewed and replied to thread on the the painful truth's front page.

You say you are a Sane, Decent and Moral human being. Where do morals come from? What about decency? Answer: The Bible. God's word is where decency and morals come from. So, I guess if you say you are these things, sane, moral and decent, then I have to ask on what aspect do you base morality? Just because you don't believe something does not make it untrue.

I will say this, the only unforgivable sin is unbelief. Satan has you right where he wants you. He wants you to think that he doesn't exist and he definitely wants you to think that God doesn't exist.

It actually takes more faith to be an atheist than it does to be a Christian. See, Christianity is not based on what a person does, it's based on what Jesus has done for all who believe in Him. God loves you sir. Your unbelief and all of your sins, past, present and future, Jesus paid them in full. He gives you the free will to NOT accept his payment for your sins. If you pass from this life before you accept his payment, you will spend eternity paying for them yourself. I promise you, you can't afford it.

But, God did say in His word that there will be many who's name is not written in the Lambs book of life. Mic drop.

Careful Rock, your liberal is showing.

You are quick to insult but slow to understand.

One thread does not a liberal victory make. You see, these bleeding heart liberals come in here to spew there insanity, then validate their presence by saying some stupidity along the lines of "well others agree with and appreciate what I say". So you every time you validate their insanity by attacking those who defend what the MAJORITY of believe, you are hurting the cause.

Unless of course you ARE one of them.

So either way, feel free to educate yourself before throwing insults. It really makes you look bad.

I don't know but I've seen several instances of divine power of late, that simply can't be explained by science.

-- Bought a couple cutting boards at TJ Maxx awhile back to saw up for turning stock. Went looking for Olive Wood Cutting Boards as they typically have some pretty decent stuff. Only had a couple olive boards on the shelf, one was pretty blah, so I wound up with one Olive and one Acacia board. They've laid in the shop for a month or two now. Decided to turn the preacher a pen with a cross clip on it for Christmas. Remembered Olive had significant biblical reference and it was really cool stock, so I turned his pen out of a piece of the olive cutting board. Wife said I had to turn something for his wife as well. So I looked up "biblical references to wood", to see what else I might have to make a "Holy" gift of. First result on Google suggested 72 references to wood in the bible, so I picked that one, thinking I had to find something therein that I had in the shop. First 5 references listed - "Acacia".

Science cannot explain such things. It can't even answer the age old question... What are the odds?

-- Sister-in-law said she's had it, living in a 50 year old double wide, house is rotting down around them, brother doesn't have the ambition or money to fix everything. She IS GOING TO HAVE A NICER HOME, IF SHE HAS TO BUY THE [beeep] THING HERSELF! Had my father go with her to look at a newer mobile home couple weeks before Christmas. Before they get the loan papers drawn up and signed, brother gets a notice that an old friend and fellow band member had passed away. Guy always had a little money, always told all his buddies in the band that when he passed away, he was going to leave them some of it! So they held off to see what he was leaving them, and how to draw up the loan. Brother said he figured, "Yeah OK, I'll maybe get a guitar and a couple grand." Seems the old boy was worth a WHOLE LOT MORE than they thought. Left his kid about half of it, split the remainder amongst 20 of his buddies, each got a check for $45,000, 2 days before Christmas, while the brother and sister-in-law are dealing on a new home.

Science cannot explain such things... can't even begin to tell you what the odds are.

-- Gal that worked for us a few years back texted me the other day, says she's coming through my home town down here in Florida in few days. Asked if I was going to come see her, and meet her mother? Know her dad and step-mother well, never met Mom. I told her, "Absolutely! Give me a shout when you get to town." She texts me yesterday says they're on the way. Was going to meet them out on 90, they were traveling down 75. She texts and says plans have changed, they're going to jump off on 10. Told her that was better yet, 15 minutes to the Interstate that way, saved me having to drive clear across town. Gave her directions to the only restaurant on this end of town, right off the Interstate, open 24 hours. I get there, no sign of them, call and they're on the off ramp, so waited all of about a minute.

They pull in the parking lot, she jumps out runs across the parking lot and gives me a big hug. Mom walks up, she's mid-40s, brunette, beautiful woman, borderline modelish, slim build, sportin a set of 38 Double Ds. Kid introduces us, I extend my hand, and she says...

"Oh no; I'm a hugger, I hope you don't mind."

To which I immediately replied, "Oh he11 no, that ain't gonna bother me at all."

While thinking, "YES!!!! THERE IS A GOD!!!!"

No amount of science can explain that one either! But it was great!!

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerOriginally Posted By: LazerusCareful Rock, your liberal is showing.

Thanks for validating my kindergarten analogy.

Thanks for validating my quick to insult but slow to understand statement.

You have also pretty much solidified the "it makes you look bad statement".

Some people just don't get it.

This thread made me think about my buddy Danny.
He was a really close friend and a distant relative (3rd cousin or so), and he was about 5 years older than me. So he was in Vietnam jumping out of a helicopter into a hot LZ when I was about 14 years old.
He did his tour over there with no complaints. Part of that tour included tying his best-ever buddy's body to a pole by his boot strings and helping to carry him out of the jungle. His buddy had his brains blown out the night before, and Danny laid beside his body all night.
So Danny came home and got married and had a beautiful little daughter. Then he beat himself into a pulp running a D-9 dozer on a coal mine to put his wife through medical school. Just as soon as she graduated and finished her internship she left Danny for a doctor. So Danny lived the next 20 years in a little mobile home, running the D-9 dozer, and groveling for visitation rights with his daughter-all the time never missing a single child support payment to his doctor wife and her doctor husband.
So Danny started having a whole bunch of health problems and he applied to the VA for a disability. They gave him a bunch of crap for a few years. Then he came down with throat cancer that was very likely associated to his constant exposure to Agent Orange.

So then he suffered for a year or so and died a miserable and painful death.

Danny was the most decent man I ever knew. He didn't go to church, and I never heard him talk about church.

So how many of y'all want to tell me that Danny is burning in a fiery He11 for all of eternity?

Originally Posted By: fw707Danny was the most decent man I ever knew. He didn't go to church, and I never heard him talk about church.

So how many of y'all want to tell me that Danny is burning in a fiery He11 for all of eternity?

I believe we are judged by what is in our hearts and not where we spend a couple hours a week. The human race is ever changing with advancements in technology, medicine and our over all communities. Our progression continuously changes the way we communicate and interact with one another. Even with all the languages spoken on earth, the only one that is universal is body language. Many times our actions speak louder than words, our actions define our character. What is in our heart definitely radiates out into our actions. I used to think that as long as I don't experience a quick and unexpected death, I would have time to ask for forgiveness just before death. Now I feel such last minute words would not change what I actually have i my heart. I wonder with the advancements in science and medicine, if we cloned humans would they have souls.

I know that I don't have some superior state of enlightenment of who goes to he77 during this current window in time. I have always wondered about suicide bombers who believe in their hearts they are doing it in the name of God. I contemplate people who murder someone and get a life sentence with time to truly change in heart, yet his victim did not have that chance. I have been to funerals of people I know who committed suicide and they spoke of them now being in heaven, I get a bad feeling over that and what I have been taught.

The Bible has been translated to English and has multiple versions that speak in parables. While I strongly believe in the word of God and try to live as the best represent of what it means to be human.

Originally Posted By: fw707This thread made me think about my buddy Danny.
He was a really close friend and a distant relative (3rd cousin or so), and he was about 5 years older than me. So he was in Vietnam jumping out of a helicopter into a hot LZ when I was about 14 years old.
He did his tour over there with no complaints. Part of that tour included tying his best-ever buddy's body to a pole by his boot strings and helping to carry him out of the jungle. His buddy had his brains blown out the night before, and Danny laid beside his body all night.
So Danny came home and got married and had a beautiful little daughter. Then he beat himself into a pulp running a D-9 dozer on a coal mine to put his wife through medical school. Just as soon as she graduated and finished her internship she left Danny for a doctor. So Danny lived the next 20 years in a little mobile home, running the D-9 dozer, and groveling for visitation rights with his daughter-all the time never missing a single child support payment to his doctor wife and her doctor husband.
So Danny started having a whole bunch of health problems and he applied to the VA for a disability. They gave him a bunch of crap for a few years. Then he came down with throat cancer that was very likely associated to his constant exposure to Agent Orange.

So then he suffered for a year or so and died a miserable and painful death.

Danny was the most decent man I ever knew. He didn't go to church, and I never heard him talk about church.

Well, fortunately for Danny and the rest of us God is a WHOLE lot smarter than us and has already figured that out. I don't think he sent any of us down here to fail. What would the point in that be? I am certain God has made it possible for people like Danny to find eternal happiness. I am certain of it. I am also certain that even our friendly atheists have a pathway to eternal happiness. "Good" is always rewarded, even if it is misguided.

There a billion "what-ifs" and "what abouts" to drive a person insane. I for one try to not get hung up on the uncontrollable irrelevancies.

Now go back to making delicious meats and ignore the nonsense in this thread. Actually, I think I will do that too.

FW I have intentionally stayed out of this thread because the OP was admittedly trying to stir the pot. I'm through playing that stupid game. However you asked an honest, intelligent question, the kind I like to answer. Please know that what I say here is my own opinion and what I believe to be the mainline thinking of the majority of true, conservative, reformed Christians worldwide. Scripturally speaking we are told that no one but God knows a man's heart. Therefore no one can say where your cousin ended up. No where in scripture are we told you must attend church. A great many Christians do not attend church at all or with any frequency. Many attend church every time the doors are open and will still miss the cut. I believe wholeheartedly that at the rapture their will still be many people in the pews confused about why they missed out. Here's the deal, no one has ever or will ever make it to heaven based on their works here on earth. IOW you simply are not able to do enough good things to become righteous enough to stand in the presence of God Almighty. There is only one way to be righteous enough (justified or declared by God not guilty) and that is through the atonement provided by God's only Son by His death on the cross. Only the death of one who lived life without ever sinning, on whom God placed all of the sins of the world could be the proper sacrifice because God Himself can never sin. It is very simple to get salvation, God NEVER turns anyone away. All one must do is confess to God that you believe that His Son, Jesus Christ, is in fact who He says He is, the Messiah, and truly mean it in your heart. You must ask Him to cover your sins with His blood, to be your Saviour. That's it, nothing more. Again, He never turns anyone away. If you have done this truthfully you will want to change your way of life, because at the point of salvation you will be granted by God, the gift of the Holy Spirit who will dwell in your heart and act as an advisor so to speak, to guide you and mold you morally. EVERY single Christian who ever lived, except for Jesus, is living now, or will ever live will continue to sin, most likely many times a day. We honestly seek forgiveness and repent (move away from that sin as best we can) and we are guaranteed by God that He will forgive, not just forgive but never remember the sin forgiven ever again. This may seem strange but many times, horrible people, murderers, serial killers, the worst of the worst are given salvation on their death beds after asking for salvation and at the moment of death immediately open their eyes in the presence of Jesus. No one has to be lost. Therefore none of us are mind readers and can never judge what someone has done or asked for, only God knows. I do know this, those who are put in harms way, such as war or catastrophe tend to suddenly call on God for help and turn to Him very quickly. Again, we cannot know for sure. FWIW, many of us who have taken the time to deeply study God and Theology have come to the conclusion that he ll is not in existence today. It the fiery pit known as he ll will be opened in the end times after the second coming of Jesus when Michael, the archangel defeats Satan, the Antichrist and his sidekick, the little horn and tosses them into the fiery pit. However, it's my belief that those who reject God's offer of free salvation will not spend eternity in fire but simply in a dark lonely place in the absence of God which will indeed be an eternity in he ll. BTW, there is no heaven yet either, at least not in the form we expect, not just yet. Scripture is very clear that after the final battles and the enemy and evil is destroyed God will send down New Jerusalem to the renewed earth and those with salvation will dwell there with God eternally. Presently, all the deceased with salvation are with God wherever His throne is located and those w/o are sort of in solitary confinement until the Great White Throne of judgement day.

So if anyone tells you your cousin or anyone else is in he ll today rest assured they are clearly confused about scripture and send them on their way. If I were to give an opinion based on the info you've supplied I'd be willing to bet he most likely turned to God in His time of distress. Just my opinion.

BTW, I still have a few of the books we discussed a few weeks back about Jesus, called more than a carpenter by Josh McDowell. Several people sent me a pm requesting one and have since confirmed receipt. If you're interested pm me w/ a mailing address and I'll be happy to get you started on your way to a beautiful eternity at no cost. Thx for listening.

So basically, there's a very good chance Danny's in he11 or will be shortly. Meanwhile, if by chance his cheating whore wife happens to be exposed to the gospel, she as well as her "good catch" get to live on in eternal bliss. Seems fair

We are not worthy to judge the lives of others. Everyone has a different definition of good. We must go by what God's standards are and allow Him to judge us.

All of us have a glitch to be attracted to sin. The penalty for sin is death. None of us can meet God's standard for being a good person. That's where Jesus comes in. He paid our sin debt and we owe him a BIG thanks!

We all need to go through Jesus to get to the father to get to heaven.

BIBLE is the acronym for "Book of Instructions Before Leaving Earth." If you haven't read the instruction book yet, do it. Lots of stuff in there.

It's sad to see so many people here who believe in the trinity doctrine, which is a non scriptural doctrine created in 325 AD. at the council of Nicea,and probably have been baptized in a non scriptural method too. Without going into a lot of scripture just think on this. Eph 4.5..."One Lord, one faith, one baptism " And think about this too, Mary was overshadowed by the Holy Ghost, so if you believe in the trinity, then that makes Jesus is the son of the Holy Ghost. 1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

I seldom get into discussions on religion, just due to the fact that there are many varieties that have a common theme, as well as many that become condemning without true basis...

God gave Moses the Ten Commandmemts as a basis for righteous living, Jesus stated that no one would enter heaven except through Him...

Personally, I choose to believe that living a religious life as best I can certainly doesn't hurt me and if those religious concepts are true and there is a Heaven, I haven't really lost anything important...If, when I cease to exist in this world and find there is no Heaven, at least those left behind will have less negative to talk about when I am remembered...

In this world, a person dies twice...Once when the body ceases to function and the second when there is no one alive that remembers him/her personally...Anything else is gossip and interpretation...

It's better to know God before you meet Him than to meet Him before you know Him. If you confess your sins and ask God for eternal salvation and firmly believe that in your heart then all is good. Without that happening, well.......not so good. You can live a life with the best of intentions and be the best person you can be but if you haven't asked for God's saving grace you won't see the Kingdom of Heaven. That's my opinion.

All that I know can be summed up quickly.
Religion will get you nowhere.
There is only one way to the Father and that is through the Son.

Romans chapter 10. Read it. Believe it. Do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back