Curious about weight

Deltagunner00

I was just curious as to what the typical AR calling rifle weighs for you guys. For those that know, what is the overall weight of your rig, with optics mounted?

If I stay under 10lbs with an all in AR, I'm content. Prefer somewhere in the 8.5-9lb ballpark, but if I stay under 10lbs, I'm happy. Not uncommon to have bolt guns weigh 9lbs all in as hunted, so a shorter barreled AR with a bit smaller scope coming in only a pound more isn't bad.

Last edited:
It's hard to get a standard AR with optics and ammo under 10lbs. You can get some high end stuff that's made from lighter alloys and cut a pound maybe two with high end lightweight optics but those two pounds are gonna cost you.

Originally Posted By: Brad Phillips8 1/2 lbs. with 10 rds. give or take. I thought about going to the Post Office, but just used my bathroom scale instead....

Felony charge Diverted.. You cant openly or concealed carry a firearm into a post office. Unless you are shipping one.

dpms oracle with ir defense markII thermal 8.5lbs but I had ti put brigand arms handguard and barrel nut on it along with titanium gas block to get it down to the 8.5lbs
thumbup1.gif
thermal scope alone weighs 2.2lbs

Last edited:
With a poly caronate lower, this one is at 5.5#....I've since replaced the lower with a metal one, but doubt that it goes much over 6.5#

My coyote rig comes in at 7.25 lbs... 16" La Rue PredatAR barrel, 13" Matrix Arms handguard, Magpul SLR stock... when I add the SAS Barricade it's just under 8 lbs.

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223Originally Posted By: Brad Phillips8 1/2 lbs. with 10 rds. give or take. I thought about going to the Post Office, but just used my bathroom scale instead....

Felony charge Diverted.. You cant openly or concealed carry a firearm into a post office. Unless you are shipping one.

Yes, I know our small town mail lady pretty well, but she is a stickler for the rules. Nice to look at though
thumbup.gif

Back