New Build....22 vs 6mm?

Originally Posted By: liliysdadStock has been ordered, barrel is being contoured, already have the glass and action...this thing may actually get built before the end of the year...

thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: orkanOriginally Posted By: liliysdadWell...I made the decision to go with the 22 Creed. barrel has been ordered, stock and bottom metal next up.

Thank you all for the discussion, this was much more civil than on another boards that I knew better than to ask on. Enjoy! If you need any help with it, just shout.

What is you Base to Ogive and COAL measurement with the 80 vld's? I am finding that the 80.5's need to be about 2.00 BOG. I realize that the 80 and 80.5 are different animals, just curious. Thx in advance.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadWell...I made the decision to go with the 22 Creed. barrel has been ordered, stock and bottom metal next up.

Thank you all for the discussion, this was much more civil than on another boards that I knew better than to ask on.

That's awesome! I'm in the same boat at you right now but my choices are between 22Creed 6Creed or .223ai... I already have a heavy .223 so I'll probably the 22Creed route.

Can you give us some specs on the rifle?

Can't wait to see it finished!

I already have a 223AI, and I love it...but its a 12 twist CZ, so I am quite limited on heavy bullets.

The 22 Creed is being built on a 700 action. Shilen 1:8 #5.5 finished at 22", threaded 5/8-24 for a can. Stocky's LR Composite stock in Kryptek Highlander. Magpul Hunter bottom metal, Timney Straight Shoe trigger. It will wear a Sightron S-Tac 3-16x42 in PRW rings. I think I am going to mount it on one of the Burris Xtreme 2-piece picatinny bases...I knd of like the idea of leaving the ejection port unobstructed...we will see once it gets mounted.

Originally Posted By: liliysdadI already have a 223AI, and I love it...but its a 12 twist CZ, so I am quite limited on heavy bullets.

The 22 Creed is being built on a 700 action. Shilen 1:8 #5.5 finished at 22", threaded 5/8-24 for a can. Stocky's LR Composite stock in Kryptek Highlander. Magpul Hunter bottom metal, Timney Straight Shoe trigger. It will wear a Sightron S-Tac 3-16x42 in PRW rings. I think I am going to mount it on one of the Burris Xtreme 2-piece picatinny bases...I knd of like the idea of leaving the ejection port unobstructed...we will see once it gets mounted.

Sounds like a great build. Who are you having do the work?

Originally Posted By: Huckleberry75What is you Base to Ogive and COAL measurement with the 80 vld's? I am finding that the 80.5's need to be about 2.00 BOG. I realize that the 80 and 80.5 are different animals, just curious. Thx in advance.

2.080 BTO
2.585 OAL

Obviously the bto measurement will be of limited value due to the variance in comparators... but you knew that. I've heard from a few guys running the 80.5's and they're really liking them. I've got a couple thousand 80's I need to go through before I decide to swap.

I've got another reamer on order that pushes the freebore out about 50 thousandths or so more. This one has the bullets bearing surface going about 20-30 thousandths below the neck/shoulder junction. I'm thinking that will be the ticket.

Thx sir. My friend that have been running the 80.5 in 22x47L's for a few years had a new reamer cut as well to extend the freebore. They were able to catch another .5 to 1.0gn of powder for a bit more speed and still shooting bugholes. Sounds like you are on the same track.These little 22 rockets are a blast.

Originally Posted By: orkanOriginally Posted By: Huckleberry75What is you Base to Ogive and COAL measurement with the 80 vld's? I am finding that the 80.5's need to be about 2.00 BOG. I realize that the 80 and 80.5 are different animals, just curious. Thx in advance.

2.080 BTO
2.585 OAL

Obviously the bto measurement will be of limited value due to the variance in comparators... but you knew that. I've heard from a few guys running the 80.5's and they're really liking them. I've got a couple thousand 80's I need to go through before I decide to swap.

I've got another reamer on order that pushes the freebore out about 50 thousandths or so more. This one has the bullets bearing surface going about 20-30 thousandths below the neck/shoulder junction. I'm thinking that will be the ticket.

What freebore are you currently running for the 80's?

Originally Posted By: liliysdadCasey Estep at K&K in Duncan, OK will be doing the plumbing..

Casey did the plumbing on my 22-243 AI... plus SEVERAL MORE shooters.

Does he have the 22 Creed reamer...?

Back