WY antelope guide help needed

Pro_hunt

I am wanting to go on a guided antelope hunt in WY hopefully this next year. I have a couple preference points so drawing a tag shouldn't be a problem. My brother and a friend only have one point though so hopefully they can draw a tag too.

What I am having a hard time with is how to find a good guide. If anyone has used a guide they would recommend I would appreciate hearing who it is and anything else you can tell me about them.

Thanks for any help!!

I know a lot of outfitters and guides in Wyoming. What part of the state are you hunting and what are your expectations? If you are pretty sure you will hit a tag, trophy quality and hunter success would be my first criteria. Have you ruled out a DIY hunt?

We are open to any area of the state. I have 2 points and the other 2 guys have 1 point; not sure how much that affects our draw odds.

We are hoping to get a trophy quality antelope and success rate would be very high if going through a guide.

Have not totally ruled out a DIY hunt. I am going to be calling the Game and Fish Dept. and talk with them some about a DIY hunt.

The thought of not having to put up with a crowd on public land is very appealing by doing a guided hunt. If a guide is hunting public ground then we would definitely NOT want to go with that guide.

In WY, you don't' just get to hire a "guide". You hire an outfitter who employ's guides. If that is the way your leaning, start checking out the availability of an opening, with outfitters in the part of the state you would like to see. Talk to them about the type of hunt you want, and what they can provide. All though....DIY is fun and a great experience. Can't say it enough,HOME WORK.

Hiring a guide for a goat in Wyoming...

Kind of like hiring a guy to find you a car, any car, in a crowded parking lot.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyHiring a guide for a goat in Wyoming...

Kind of like hiring a guy to find you a car, any car, in a crowded parking lot.

About sums it up.

Back