Winchester model 70 coyote light???

Scalloper

I just bought one of these for some coyote work. It's a 243 and has a 1-10 as fluted barrel. Any of you own or have any experiences with one as to how well they do or don't shoot? Which loads worked best? Looks like a well build firearm with a very nice stock,barrel and crisp trigger set at 3.5 lbs. I just got the optic mounted and have not put a shot down the pipe.
Thanks

i have the same rifle in 243 i don't handload but it shoots sub-moa with factory hornady 58gr v-max superformance. i also have the model 70 coyote outback and it shoots just as good

I have one cambered in 22-250. It shot under half inch stock. I did put in a Timney, bedded the action, threaded and recrown muzzel for a suppressor. Since with my hand loads it consistently get .3 to .4 groups with Varget. I was lucky once and got a .118 3 shot group.

I also used to have one and wish I still did, last week I tried to buy it back but the new owner wouldn't let it go. Mine was in 22-250. I would love to get one in .243 one day.

good to hear the postive comments on them...

I been itching about one for a while, not sure if I will get a 243 or 22-250.

at this time that will have to wait a while though.

I had one in 243WSSM and shot very well with Berger 87 grain hunting vld bullets. That's one of the guns I really regret getting rid of.

Thanks all. With all of the bad weather and work I still have not put anything down the pipe. But I really like the gun, the whole setup looks like it should be a great choice for hunting coyotes. I traded a Tika T3 light in 22-250. I mostly wanted the larger bullet options. The Tika shot light 50gr well but anything heavier it fell off.

Originally Posted By: chrs_28I have one cambered in 22-250. It shot under half inch stock. I did put in a Timney, bedded the action, threaded and recrown muzzel for a suppressor. Since with my hand loads it consistently get .3 to .4 groups with Varget. I was lucky once and got a .118 3 shot group.

Mine came with the Bell and Carlson stock. I understood that the stock is has a aluminum bedding frame. And one report was that it also comes stock with a great trigger. Was yours perhaps the laminated stock option?

I shot one in a factory group match one time. It belonged to my friend, and I wanted to try it out. I think it's aggregate for the day was .400, and that was off a bipod.

It obviously shot fine, but it was a push feed, and I considered that a bit sacrilegious.

I have the B&C stock and still do. I bedded it because i cant leave stuff alone. Also had a good trigger, but i prefer a Timney.

I got a chance to shoot a few rounds yesterday. I shot 6 shots cleaning every 2 shots then the last 6 shots I set up a target at 200 yds. I was shooting off of bipods. Shooting factory Win 58gr ballistic tips.
I can't load the picture of the target from my phone but all 6 were 1.5" or less. I assume that may tighten up when the barrel gets broke in and I get a little more trigger time. And working up some loads should help as well.

Originally Posted By: chrs_28Awe, no pic. Didn't happen. Great shooting!
How do I load pics from a phone? I am guessing I need to load the pics in photo bucket then upload them here?
1.5 is nothing super but it's not bad for factory ammo and not broken in.

Back