22-250 Rem with Carbon Fiber barrel.

Bryan Litz did a very scientific test comparing different barrel types in his book "Modern Advancements In Long Range Shooting V2" dispelling a lot of the claims of carbon wrapped barrels. They are not stiffer, they do heat slower but cool slower, only the CA carbon barrel had minimal POI shift as barrel heats, Proof barrels was at the bottom with light Palma and fluted Palma. This was just a few of the results.

I have shot two CA carbon barreled rifles. One was one of their originals from the 90's and it was a full 1" straight contour hunting rifle and it shot sub half moa and recently shot one of their 6.5 CM hunting rifles - don't remember the model but it was the expensive one and it was a tack driver.

And then there is this.

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/09/norm-cra.../#axzz4TLMMBYyV

What was required for the SR3 and the DBM? I will be using this action for a build once available but not sure if i will be doing a DBM or an internal mag box.

Originally Posted By: chrs_28What was required for the SR3 and the DBM? I will be using this action for a build once available but not sure if i will be doing a DBM or an internal mag box.

I used the Manners DBM Gen II mini Chassis and the barreled action screwed right in, no mods... LRI, did some minor machine work to the inside of the action to allow the AI mag to insert easier, but not a big deal.

Originally Posted By: chrs_28What was required for the SR3 and the DBM? I will be using this action for a build once available but not sure if i will be doing a DBM or an internal mag box.

A Surgeon DBM will bolt right up to a TL3 with the AI cut, so the SR3 should do the same I would think?

I am looking at the option for remington feed rails on the SR3. Not yet set on what mag route to go with. I am hoping there wont be any action machining if go with a DBM. Looking forward to a review from you James.

I'm also tuned in to hear about SR3 reviews.... While the ejection port is "opened up" more, it's also 0.150" shorter.... Not sure that it will have a practical difference but I'm interested in hearing how it does with DBM and some of the longer SA rounds.

^ correct. The ejection port is 0.150" shorter. Not a huge deal but may count a bit when trying to cram round like the 7 SAUM in the SA.

The shorter port shouldn't be an issue with mag fed operation, I believe. But I can see where single loading or loading a BDL style set-up may be problematic.

The TL3 ejection port was extended .300 rearward vs the previous models
I had some stocks thar were inletted for the old TL2 pattern and Beanland has to open up the ejection port to accommodate the TL3

So if it's .150 shorter than the TL3, it is stilll longer than previous BH actions

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: mirage98What's the weight of one of these rifles (minus optics)?

Light, amazingly light.

7lbs is my guess.

Originally Posted By: Clocked92Any Updates on these builds or when the video review will be posted up? The anticipation is killing me! Haha!
Getting closer G.

Back