Lucky Duck predator call?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dan158Are they in the process of redesigning the remote on this caller??
I believe so!

Although with adding a rubber button on top of the remote Play/Pause button we had absolutely zero issues.

Also our 1st stand was 3 degrees with 15+ MPH winds, cold, blowing and the remote along with the caller worked flawlessly.

I will say we had 1 technical difficulty, we had a coyote coming in around the 3 minute mark and she picked us out sitting side by side on the hillside, I dropped her at 145 yards and TR continue to play the Revolution, as it was playing another Coyote popped up on top of the hill to the East of us.
Then the remote lost communication with the caller. We tried the old fashion way and tried some hand calls, Coyote eventually went back to where it came from.

After TR added a newly charged battery pack all was fine the rest of the day!!

12 Coyotes and 1 Badger this trip to the Fur Buyer!

All shot while using the Revolution E-Caller.

Here is a synopsis of Sunday December 18th 2016

Stand #1 Sun is coming up, wind is coming out of the Southwest and we are facing North.
About 7 minutes into the stand I see a Coyote at 300+ yards heading North. Busted and no shot.

Driving to stand #2 we see a Coyote 1/4 mile from the road so we continue to drive past and get down wind of it trying to call it in. At this time we are now calling about 3/4 of a mile to the East of the one we saw. Wind is out of the SW at 10+ MPH. I am facing SE and TR is about 75 yards upwind of me facing the West. I constantly look at my hunting partner to see where his rifle is pointed and if he is in the scope or not. I hear a lip squeak and look his direction, I see 3 Coyotes coming from the West. They decide to circle to the North at about 300 yards. As 2 of them are closing the gap I hear TR bark and one stops Broadside at 125 yards or so. Bang and a Miss! They didn't stick around for pictures and no other shots were taken.

Stand #3 8 minute mark and TR has a big Male down, wind was 15+. This was Walk In access and while walking into the stand TR noticed a human Boot print in the sand walking the way we were go to make the stand. He said - You wanna turn back? I said Nope it's an old track! We are here let's give it a shot! 1st Coyote in the truck

Stand #4 BLANK

Stand #5 TR shoots 1 small Female 105 yards 3.30 minutes. We decided to just start popping the top of hills, more hunting and less walking. This Coyote came in text book towards the call. I told TR that this Coyote was going to get behind the small saddle in front of us then wind and book outta dodge. I said you want me to stop her, he said yes, and before I barked the Coyote stopped perfect, down she went. We were facing East and the wind was blowing out of the SW into the NE, 15 more yards and she would have winded us. TR is shooting a Remington 17.

Stand #6 We hide the truck behind a small hill on the county road and see 2 different sets of Coyote tracks while walking in. TR starts the call and around the 9 minute mark I see a head of a Coyote at around 375 yards. I go Prone and am thinking its kinda late in the stand and we don't see anything else so I range the Yote with my Leica 1400 Bino's and he is 373 Yards East of us. 15+ MPH wind and let on fly from the Savage .243 with 55Grain Vmax. MISS! TR never saw this Coyote until it ran away.

Stand #7 - Blank wind 15+

Stand #8 - Blank wind 15+

Stand #9 - Blank wind 15+

Lunch time while we wait for the wind to settle down.

Stand #10 Time for me to get on the Scoreboard
Rabbit wasn't seeming to work very well so I told TR, try this sound and he said we've got nothing to lose!
3 minutes into the stand here come Mr. Coyote at full speed I am facing into the sun, Still have my magnification at 16 power from the 370 yard miss. This Coyote is no less than 75 yards and I MISS!! The Coyote took off running to the SE and as he was 200 yards out I let one fly and down he went. Hit him perfect with a double lung shot.

Stand #11 We are facing East and the wind is still 10-15 out of the SW. TR is to my left watching the downwind side. We are now sitting next to each other on the side of a bare hill. 3 minutes into the stand and here comes a picture perfect Coyote from the South. It's at around 100 yards and stops dead in his tracks. 100 yards and down he goes.
TR says NICE SHOT! Then he says we have another on top of the hill to the East of us.
I said try puppy cries or something like that, he says, the remote has lost communication with the caller!! I say - Use your hand call, whaaa whaaa whaaa and this Coyote had heard Rabbit before and didn't like it, disappeared behind the hill. I got on my standard critter call, did some KiYi's and barks. After 5 minutes I finally saw him beyond the hill standing. TR threw a Hail Mary at him nearly 500 yards with his .17 and shot low. On to the next stand. TR added a new batter pack and all was fine with the E-caller.

Score TR-2 Me-2

Stand #12 - Blank and the wind is below 10MPH out of the SW

Stand #13 I told TR pull behind this hill and we will hide the truck as best we can. We walk about 200 yards and are set up looking into the sun! Around 4 minutes and here comes a hard charger from the SW directly under the sun. He catches me moving my rifle and comes to a dead stop at 100 yards. Bang Flop and another nice yote for the truck.

Stand #14 We head down the road 3/4 of a mile and still need to look into the sun as it is now around 3.30pm MST. We are facing West and less than 2 minutes into the call I tell TR 1 coming straight towards you. He shoots this Coyote at around 70 yards and it's a nice female.
It's still early so we continue to call. I see another one come to the top of a hill about 250 yards straight West. It is standing there bobbing it's head trying to figure out who is sitting there with those rifles pointed at me?? I tell TR, want me to take him? He said yes. Bang! We got a Spinner!! I put another round into it with my .243. This Coyote takes off like a jet, TR fires a round and misses. We have about 2 inches of snow on the ground so we begin the tracking job. We find the tracks, very little blood and follow for about 200 yards. This Coyote never slowed down and the sun was getting low so we called it a Dead one, just not dead in the truck. One Tough Coyote taking 2 .243 rounds.

Stand #15 - 1 Coyote called, he popped over the hill around 400 yards out and never presented a shot. He did continue to bark for the next 1/2 hour to the East of us.

Stand #16 We decided to make the last stand our best looking stand. We drove into the hills another mile. Wind is now coming out of the North at about 2 MPH. I take the Revolution e-caller and set it about 25 yards in front of me pointing it to the East. TR heads 200 yards downwind of me facing the South. He has a lot of ground to watch because 3 draws expanded to my right and he was sitting on an island.

I could see the top of his head and I was very impressed by the Remote! It was working perfectly from where TR was sitting and at that distance the line of sight was not the best.

PS - I still hear the same Coyote from the stand before continue barking to the North of me!!!

14 minutes into the stand and I hear TR shoot, then a second later I hear the THWAP!!
He shot a VERY nice female that was silver in color and no visible signs of entry or blood.

I grabbed the caller and walked back to the truck getting my gear packed up and ready for the 2 hour drive home.

He walked up with this female and said this is the prettiest Coyote I have shot all year. I asked him how far? He said 210 yards, I said I thought it was a long shot because of the report delay on the shot!
I believe he is around 60 shot so far this season.

Scoreboard - Me 3 + 1 Cripple TR- 4

18 total seen counting 2 from the road.

Originally Posted By: howlerhttp://www.mackspw.com/Item--i-EXP234129...3_4QaAl558P8HAQ

I don't think I need a camera on the call so how does this lucky duck compare to the other, this one sells for 150 bucks

I don't need a camera either! Although the pictures I have taken were very crystal clear and had a wide angle to them.

I would say this caller has the best sound library out there!

I like that it is loud, crystal clear sound and it rotates 360 degrees.

If you so choose to buy one contact Ricky direct. I did and got a few extra surprises in the box. He can also change up the sounds for you. Mine had Goose sounds, I don't hunt Geese so he took them off and added a couple real winners.

so is the caller I posted above the same as the one everyone else is using,,minus the camera ???

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: howlerso is the caller I posted above the same as the one everyone else is using,,minus the camera ???

The caller you posted is actually a decoy/caller. Looks like only 15 sounds on it.

The Revolution is pictured in the back of my truck.

Google Lucky Duck Revolution

Originally Posted By: Mr. Poppadopalis

If you so choose to buy one contact Ricky direct. I did and got a few extra surprises in the box. He can also change up the sounds for you. Mine had Goose sounds, I don't hunt Geese so he took them off and added a couple real winners.

Do you know when the new remotes will be out Mr. Poppadopalis?? I also don't hunt geese..
You think if was to buy one now that one could get the new remote when came out for a low fee?? If you talk with them could you find out? Thank you. Dan

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dan158Originally Posted By: Mr. Poppadopalis

Do you know when the new remotes will be out Mr. Poppadopalis?? I also don't hunt geese..
You think if was to buy one now that one could get the new remote when came out for a low fee?? If you talk with them could you find out? Thank you. Dan

We killed 8 Coyotes on Sunday, basically had 16 come to the caller and a few didn't present a decent shot. 2 were from the road so they don't count.

Two weeks prior we shot 10 and two weeks prior we shot 15 Coyotes with this caller and the remote.

Way I see it we shot 33 Coyotes the past 1 1/2 months. (2 Weekends and 1 Sunday)

Just received a text from Ricky P. He says there may be a small fee associated with the new remote and replacing the smaller remote is the plan he will put into place.

Trust me, I have no issues with the existing remote after I added the little button to the Play/Pause button on the remote. That is the button you will use 80% of the time.

I too will want the newest remote when it does become available.

do you have any information on the decoy caller with the 15 sounds,, the caller you have seems to be a quality caller, I am interested in the smaller decoy caller, but not interested in something inferior as far as components. I am not new to electric callers I have had 5 or 6 of them over the past 20 years.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Mr P.? Did you miss my question? Where are they manufactured? That may make a difference for Americans buying. Thanks.

I believe they are made in China. Thanks to Obama, what isn't?

Don't let some of the other e-caller manufacturers fool you into believing they are made from parts and pieces made in the USA. Most of the materials come from all over the world. (China)

The sounds are 100% made in the USA;-)

Donald Trump will make sure the new models are proudly made in the USA.

I can say that I would be willing to spend more if it was a USA made product.

Does it have day and night theme lighting? Is it programmable? How large is the screen and are the sounds easy to see? Where can one view the sound list? Thank you.. Dan

Originally Posted By: dan158Does it have day and night theme lighting? Is it programmable? How large is the screen and are the sounds easy to see? Where can one view the sound list? Thank you.. Dan

No day/night screen capabilities

I use a piece of red tape that you use to cover a broken tail light and it dim's it down considerably

It has 4 preset buttons

I would contact Ricky Direct, he can make a sound list for you, add sounds, delete sounds and put them into categories for you I believe.

I am just an average Joe that has purchased the Caller, I am not affiliated with this call, Ricky or Lucky Duck! I want to make that very clear, I am a consumer just like most others here.

I have the call, like the call, killed a lot of Coyotes this season and have shared my many concerns with Ricky to make the caller more user friendly.

Ricky is aware of the issues and is working on rectifying them within time.

Contact him with any questions, he is very speedy and wants to do everything to make this product launch a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back