Suppressor on a Non Threaded Barrel

TXHunterKLewis

Greetings,

Rather new to the Forums and Predator Hunting as a whole. Got a question that might seem basic to most, so please be gentle with the responses.
smile.gif

I own an AAC Element II Suppressor. It used to be on my wife's Smith and Wesson M&P 15-22, but she has now graduated to the AR Platform so we are putting that up for sale.

Meanwhile, my daughters shoot a Savage Model 64 22LR without a Threaded Barrel. I found a company that makes a threaded adapter that will attach to my Savage via Set Screws.

1. Anyone ever use a product like this on a non threaded rifle?
2. Will I have any type of strikes with the 22LR being on a threaded adapter like that?
3. Anything I should be concerned about using such an adapter for a Suppressor?

Thanks in advance.

v/r,

kevin

I absolutely would NOT mess with any type of "adapter" your describing. If it's a gun you love and intend on keeping, give it due diligence and have it threaded. Quality class 3 threading on average is $100 and ensures rock solid, precise mounting, without ever risking a baffle strike. Not sure what the price is of that adapter but the difference would be WELL worth it!

I didn't want to post a link to the page as I know some forums are pretty strict on posting links to products.

Basically, I took measurements of several spots on my barrel using a Micrometer and I send them in to the company and they custom make an adapter. The price was 69.99.

I have been searching for about 3 weeks in the Ft. Worth, Texas area for someone who threads barrels and didn't come up with much luck without driving farther than I'd like.

v/r,

kevin

Absolutely not a good idea.

1. NO
2. YES
3. EVERYTHING

It "seems" like a good option but please trust us and do it right (even if you have to ship it out). All the adapter will do, is cost you $69.99 plus the cost of the suppressor and a new stamp (depending on the severity of the damage). No mfg will warranty any damage because of this.

I have the same suppressor.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TXHunterKLewisI didn't want to post a link to the page as I know some forums are pretty strict on posting links to products.

Basically, I took measurements of several spots on my barrel using a Micrometer and I send them in to the company and they custom make an adapter. The price was 69.99.

I have been searching for about 3 weeks in the Ft. Worth, Texas area for someone who threads barrels and didn't come up with much luck without driving farther than I'd like.

v/r,

kevin

Just ship it to a qualified smith to do the services of threading. I do it all the time

I have a barreled action on its way to Texas right now. Class 3 Machining, I can't remember where exactly they're located though

send it to adco firearms outside toledo. theyve done all my barrels to date and are fantatstic.

great turn around times too, being a detroiter ground shipping is 1 day so that usually help, but i get my stuff door to door in about 10 days on average when i send a barrel in

they will also turn a thread protector for you while its in for $15 i think it is

other than a happy customer, i have no other attachment to ADCO

https://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/

Originally Posted By: TXHunterKLewisJust dropped it off at the Gunsmith. Said about 4 to 5 weeks turn around. Thanks again everyone.

Holy ####! I am lucky that I have a guy that charges $50 for a cut to length (if I want), thread, recrown and a cap. I drop it off in the morning and in the afternoon I am shooting.

Originally Posted By: erikc838Originally Posted By: TXHunterKLewisJust dropped it off at the Gunsmith. Said about 4 to 5 weeks turn around. Thanks again everyone.

Holy ####! I am lucky that I have a guy that charges $50 for a cut to length (if I want), thread, recrown and a cap. I drop it off in the morning and in the afternoon I am shooting.

same here. can not imagine 4 to 5 weeks for something so simple.

holy crap, wow a month or more to thread... good lord. did you take it to the same people who process NFA Paperwork for the BATFE?

thats ridiculous

He's either really good and that backed up or slower than he**, time to find another smith. At least you're on the right track of threading vs that [beeep] screw on adapter.

Back