die lock rings for LCT press?

Well I do like Hornaday lock rings and have them on most of my dies. However, that has left me with a ton of loose rings from RCBS and Lee. Since I leave my dies on the turret of my T-7 I just put 2 lock rings on each die ( basically a double nut arrangement.

I use the Hornaday lock rings for the dies I use in my Rockchucker. I have a Turret for my T-7 dedicated to .223's and one to 22 Hornets.Everything else is loaded on the Chucker.

Last edited:
are you using a single turret head and reinserting your dies? or do you have caliber specific turret heads setup?

if you're doing the former, i suggest you attempt switching to the latter. They're only $12 or $15 each, definitely a worthwhile investment.

i had lee pro 1000's setup for pistol, and i had a bunch of different heads for them - one for each caliber. Once you get the dies locked in tight on the turret head they dont move with the lee rings in my experience. Likewise for the rifle dies i had with the lee quick change bushings. but once i had a die adjusted and firmly locked into a bushing, i never took it out.

Back