Savage Axis II wood stock on Axis??

borrowed time

To you Savage guys, I have a Savage Axis (basic) in .223 REM long action that has the not so great plastic stock. I love the gun but not so much the stock, i cant mount a harris bipod on it as it opens up the groups for some reason... probably cause the plastic stock is a bit flimsy.

My question is, would a wooden stock for the Axis II fit ok on a regular Axis?? I also dont have a cost on one of these wooden stocks, if anybody knows? I know that Boyds has stock for the Axis but if i can get one cheaper than $144 that would be great! I tried calling Savage but got lost in an endless loop of "press # "blank" for this".

Thanks guys!

I'm pretty sure those are actually boyds classic stocks. sure looks like it to me and I doubt savage will sell you one. yes it will fit the axis 2 just has the accu trigger

Cabelas currently is listing an Axis II with wood or synth stock options, so apparently Savage has wood for the Axis now.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogWhy would Savage not sell one?

IDK Why don't you call and ask them for us if they sell stocks aftermarket.

why would savage sell stocks? they are a gun company not a stock company. I seen a thread where a guy wanted to buy a plastic stock and they said no.

Originally Posted By: NDAR15MANSavage wood axis 2 on sale at cabelas today. $389.00 with the $100 rebate. Wish I needed a new gun. What a deal. Martyd

Non Sequitur, please restate this concept, does not compute......
blink.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: pyscodogWhy would Savage not sell one?

why would savage sell stocks? they are a gun company not a stock company. I seen a thread where a guy wanted to buy a plastic stock and they said no.

You seem to have all the answers, why don't you call them. With all the problems you have had with your Savages, you should be on first name basis.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NDAR15MANSavage wood axis 2 on sale at cabelas today. $389.00 with the $100 rebate. Wish I needed a new gun. What a deal. Martyd

have a link to this? i see no axis 2 with wood stocks and no $100 rebate on cabelas site?

So ohihunter, I didn't call Savage as you requested but I did look on their site and in the FAQ, they do offer stocks for sale. Not all models but for some. Savage did recommend calling customer service and talk to them. So the answer is YES, they do sell stocks even though they are in the gun company.

you have to take into consideration that wood stocks will some times warp, just make sure the barrel channel is opened up enough to eliminate this problem or get a laminated stock

Originally Posted By: pyscodogBoyd's run specials all the time. Keep an eye on them, you might find a good deal. They are great stocks for the money.

Yep! And they're pretty darn good for the coin. Additionally, I believe Boyd's is the manufacturer for most of Savage's stocks.

I got the flyer in mail Thursday. One day only on Saturday 12/17. Sorry I just got on sight and could not get info posted in time. They should be open to 9:00 pm because if Christmas. This was the prairie Desheen wi store. That even included the 6.5 Creedmoor. Wish I needed a gun. Md

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: pyscodogWhy would Savage not sell one?

You seem to have all the answers, why don't you call them. With all the problems you have had with your Savages, you should be on first name basis.

gun was sent in and fixed and sent back. not my fault the bolt was bad. and I don't have all the answers I tried to help the OP not just make a stupid azz comment to hear myself talk like some. I cant remember if it was on here or another forum but someone said savage wouldn't sell them a plastic stock and seeing how savage probably has boyds make that stock for them they would most likely direct him to boyds. savage is a gun company not a stock company.

OP check out savageshooters.com for more info on savages.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogSo ohihunter, I didn't call Savage as you requested but I did look on their site and in the FAQ, they do offer stocks for sale. Not all models but for some. Savage did recommend calling customer service and talk to them. So the answer is YES, they do sell stocks even though they are in the gun company.

well woopty flippin doo dahh. pat yourself on the back. i bet its for model 10, 11 and the higher end guns. when i said i doubt-(doubt means not sure)which i didn't say no way in [beeep] they will do it like you took it. my response to that is I cant see savage selling stocks for an economy gun. it would too much of a pain to stock extra stocks when savage doesn't make them. would you keep a bunch of stocks laying around to sell aftermarket if you were a gun company? i know i wouldn't.

Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014Originally Posted By: pyscodogSo ohihunter, I didn't call Savage as you requested but I did look on their site and in the FAQ, they do offer stocks for sale. Not all models but for some. Savage did recommend calling customer service and talk to them. So the answer is YES, they do sell stocks even though they are in the gun company.

well woopty flippin doo dahh. pat yourself on the back. i bet its for model 10, 11 and the higher end guns. when i said i doubt-(doubt means not sure)which i didn't say no way in [beeep] they will do it like you took it. my response to that is I cant see savage selling stocks for an economy gun. it would too much of a pain to stock extra stocks when savage doesn't make them. would you keep a bunch of stocks laying around to sell aftermarket if you were a gun company? i know i wouldn't.

It is a simple concept. Grab one off the line and sell it to the customer. Most all gun companies sell stocks and many other parts to the customer. It is a simple business practice of buying large quantities to get a reduced price and then resell them higher. Simple economics.

I have an Axis 22-250 in a Boyd's featherweight thumbhole stock. Bought the stock in 2014, base price then was $99. I had some fishscale design added , with shipping totaled out to just over $180. Turned the Axis into a totally new gun. I could not be happier with the improvements I have seen in the group's I shoot.
$144 plus tax and shipping...Worth every penny IMO.

Back