leupold LTO tracker (thermal)

I too am interested in this product. We have them now available at our local Bass Pro Shop here in VA. Price seems reasonable. with discounts and credit card it will sell for about $570 or so. It is a variable power 1x6. It appears to be good quality, really picks up heat signature, even fingerprints off countertop. Range of 600 yards should be more than sufficient to scan with. Seems easy enough to operate even for a non-tech like me. Three buttons, power, zoom, and color: black hot, white hot.

Ive been looking at this or the new FLIR ONE that plugs into smart phones...less than half the price of the Leupold, but def less features

one thing i have read about the smartphone plugin's is they are battery burners!

one person i recall reading about suggested useing an old phone as a dedicated scanner only if attempting to go this route.

I'm looking foward to a review in the field with one of these.. Haven't seen one in person but I'm wondering if you could mount it to your rail with a single ring or something.. use it as a mounted opric.

Back