Never thought I would see this!

pyscodog

I was in Wally World today and as usual, cruised by the sporting goods area. They have a Remington 700 scope package in 223 for $379.95. Right next to it is a Savage Axis w/scope package for $419.99. A Savage Axis is now worth more than a Remington 700?

Well got to eat a little crow. I went back today and looked again. The Axis was a heavy barrel in a camo stock w/scope. I can see why it cost a bit more now. My bad, sorry about that.

Last edited:
I thought it rather odd myself. On another note, they had The Claw rifle slings marked down to $5.00. I bought three. Regular price was $19.95.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mark204 Decent price on the sling, can't find them in St. Louis at that price point!

Here Kitty Kitty

Thats why I snagged three. Thinking about buying a few more just to stick back.

Last edited:
I guess you would have fainted if you saw the Remington 700 (package deal - camo stock/cheap scope) I bought a few years ago for $297.

Originally Posted By: HuntI guess you would have fainted if you saw the Remington 700 (package deal - camo stock/cheap scope) I bought a few years ago for $297.

Don't know if I would have fainted but sure would have bought one.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI thought it rather odd myself. On another note, they had The Claw rifle slings marked down to $5.00. I bought three. Regular price was $19.95.
Which Walmart was that?

On a side note i saw turkey bacon at walmart for 25 cents MORE than at the local grocery store. Is walmart really charging extra to eat healthy now?

Originally Posted By: catmechOriginally Posted By: pyscodogI thought it rather odd myself. On another note, they had The Claw rifle slings marked down to $5.00. I bought three. Regular price was $19.95.
Which Walmart was that?

The one in Broken Arrow at 71st and 145th. I'm not sure about the rest in town. They had 777 powder for $21.00 also. May go back for some of that too. Most the camo is starting to drop in price to.

So I could load the quail dog up and the ecaller. Drive to OK,save money to boot. May have to think about that it was -13 and 25 mph wind last night.

Originally Posted By: MOfrogYeaaaa...gonna need you to send in that man card for mentioning the unfathomable "turkey-bacon".

Lol i deserved that. Its pretty good though

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: catmechOriginally Posted By: pyscodogI thought it rather odd myself. On another note, they had The Claw rifle slings marked down to $5.00. I bought three. Regular price was $19.95.
Which Walmart was that?

The one in Broken Arrow at 71st and 145th. I'm not sure about the rest in town. They had 777 powder for $21.00 also. May go back for some of that too. Most the camo is starting to drop in price to.
That's not to far from the house,I'll have try and get by there Sunday evening after I get back from OKC and see whats left.

Originally Posted By: ConquistadorOn a side note i saw turkey bacon at walmart for 25 cents MORE than at the local grocery store. Is walmart really charging extra to eat healthy now?

I think the more important question is "who the he11 eats Turkey Bacon".....

I try to hit some of the local Wal-Marts after hunting season starts to wind down. Best time to restock on camo and hunting stuff. One year I got T/C BP bullets for $5 and box. Lasted for a couple of years. I bought all they had that time. And,,,,,,,,who eats Turkey bacon?

Back