Foxpro fusion shutting off unexpectedly?!??!!

Thought I'd post my problem to see if anyone had a similar issue or cure. Last night when calling with my fusion and sp60 speaker the low battery light started blinking and after another minute or so it shut off. Problem is the call had been run for about 30-45 minutes with fresh batteries right off the charger. Decided switch to other charged batteries and it worked for about the same amount of time. The batteries I took out that the fusion thought were "dead" still showed full charge on my thermal and ran it for atleast 3 hours(still not dead). Appearently when the call shuts itself off if I turn the switch off and then back on it works for a while. The batteries are enelope 2800mah rechargeables but also did the same thing with energizer similar sized batteries. Temperature was cool but above freezing. I was running the call on 40 with an sp60 speaker plugged in the rear and using the front horn. Today I called Foxpro to ask them and the fellow asked
To make sure the battery type selector was right and it was. Told me if that didn't fix it would need to send it in to be repaired. I just wondered if anyone had run into this problem and had a solution. Just so I don't get responses telling me it was the batteries being cold using our thermals we saw the call grew warmer as it was being used and the temp was in the 40s so I highly doubt that is the problem. Thanks for any input before I send it in

My fury shut down halfway thru a stand today also. I was adjusting the volume, hit 40, and it quit entirely. changed battery pack to my spare and was back in business. I figured I must have a bad cell but got home and checked them and all 8 were 1.22 volts. So not sure what went wrong, they are foxpro batterys btw. Only a year old.

My Fury did that. Turning it off & back on would work, for a short time. Not long enough to make a stand though.

I sent it in & they replaced a part that was over heating & caused the shut down. Had it back in about a week.

Hmm I might have to send it in. That's kind of annoying, I would also say the sounds seem a little more distorted than they used to be but I can't be sure on that. Sounds like maybe service is in order. I will have to give them a call Monday and see what they say.

I think it was an amp that caused my problem, but while they had it they fixed that & 2 other problems I didn't even know I had LOL

Mines boxed up and going in the mail first thing Monday. I had read some old post on other forums while searching for the problem but no one had any answers. I'm guessing that something is overheating and shutting it down as we could tell that the longer it played the warmer it got by looking through thermal. Mine does work again after turning it off and then back on but it seems to not be as loud and does seem to possibly be distorted compared to when it was brand new. Never sent anything back to Foxpro but their customer service seems to be top notch. And by the way mine was having the issue while on 40 volume as well.

Ya my fury is going in for service tomorrow also. I haven't called yet but will first thing Monday. I did go to Cabelas today and left with a new Fusion. With the rebate for batteries and bag, along with a Cabelas discount coupon I had, it seems like a pretty good deal.

Besides, I hate being without a caller this time of year!

I don't blame you a bit for buying another call. Not sure what the fury has on it but I know I really liked my fusion setup with the external speaker, when it was working that is haha. I feel like buying a shockwave or something for a backup call but I can't justify that for hopefully a week or so while it is being repaired plus my hunting buddy has a firestorm and it will do the job. Good luck with your fusion I think you'll be glad you bought it.

I was just going to update this post and let everyone know for future reference that I called Foxpro today to see what the status was and if they had found any problems. The fellow told me that it needed a firmware update and that fixed the problems it was having. He said it was getting ready to be shipped so I'm getting anxious to have it back. I guess Foxpro earned another fan of their customer service as I was pleased.

Foxpro called today with a list of problems with the Fury. $91 in all to fix as it's out of warranty. So I said go ahead and do it, and it should be here by the end of the week. Some new electronics, new ports and I think a new horn speaker. Also new battery terminals in the remote. Heck it will be practically brand new again.

Now to decide whether to keep it as a backup or sell to offset the cost of the new one.

Seems the same problem can be caused by different things. I'm just looking forward to being able use mine again. You could be facing a tough decision. On the one hand it seems a backup call can be very handy at times and on the other money can be handy at times... guess you just need to decide which you'd rather have. Good luck!

Back