boyds pro varmint?

Boyds are OK...better than OEM tupperware, not as good as even the cheapest fiberglass.

For a Remington 700, there are better options for not much more money, for many platforms, they are the only decent affordable choice.

Originally Posted By: B23Originally Posted By: ohihunter2014I was able to find a pro varmint and try it out. cabelas had a rifle on display with that stock and it was the plywood model and man that thing is super heavy!

Just curious here but what kind of stock are you used to that makes you think these are "super heavy"???

You must be comparing them to some of the super cheap plastic stocks because in all honesty, Boyd's doesn't use super high quality wood that is real dense and heavy like some of the high dollar laminates have. I have a Remington LSS that has a factory laminated stock on it and it weighs within a couple ounces of the two Boyd's Pro Varmint stocks I have.

I'm used to the hollow plastic stocks. the gun it was on was a savage 338 lapue so that could be a factor too.

Back