The Hand Of God Interferes Again For Israel!

Thx for the story CD, I understand as if I had been there. Jeremy, you bring up a great point. We can talk till we're blue in the face, relate story after story and yet it's merely words to someone who has not seen it for themselves or heard it from someone close, a known, trustworthy acquaintance. In no situation are we ever credited by God for anyone's conversion, that is solely the work of the Holy Spirit. We simply plant a seed or water a seed or sprout that was planted by another. It is entirely up to God in His own timing to determine when to call an individual. He expects no more of us than to plant or water. I can tell you that for me there is no greater feeling of joy and satisfaction than seeing that sudden spark of understanding appear in the eye of someone with whom I have been discussing these matters. I truly enjoy fielding the questions, pointing out resources for further research. It takes the personal involvement of the searcher to find the truth. It cannot be done for them. I can tell you this and be confident in knowing that you yourself will understand. Early in my life I was force fed a diet of false doctrine. I had a real drug problem, every time the church was unlocked, my butt was drug through the doors. I hated it and rebelled. I spent many years stumbling around in the dark and I do mean dark. After running in to brick walls at every turn I began to research on my own and with the help of one friend who seemed to have it all together. Over a period of time the picture became much more clear. The road became much smoother, life began to make sense and by learning the truth,that is, I was lying to myself, I could not control my life, that was just an illusion. By surrendering control of my life to God the blessings began to flow. I also found that while God mercifully forgave my transgressions, it in no way took away the consequences of those transgressions. I don't need to tell you or others who have attained salvation that I am so grateful to those, who in their ignorance and with their false doctrine, spoke enough to me about other ways to eventually spark my interest and set me on my own journey to find the Truth. The joy of a personal relationship with Christ is the greatest gift available to mankind. I can only hope that someone reading this, today or years down the road after I'm long gone will be touched by the Spirit and search for and find that great gift. You see some people are graced by life. They are born into a good home, or gifted with good looks. Good things just naturally come their way. For others life is anything but gracious or sublime. Being graced by life however doesn't save anyone from the coming wrath of God. The only thing that is important is to experience being graced by God. You know then that when your life is messed up there is hope. It is not solely up to you to unmess it or to try to earn your worth. Saving Grace is free for the asking.

I suppose one of the main reasons I reject religion is that, There seems to be a pervasive disgust for this life and the human condition. Not even a new born infant is spared from being labeled as a sinner. In my mind, they're as perfect as the natural god has intended for our small part to play in the universe. It's not until later in life that society leaves its impressions and it forms into either a decent or unpleasant individual.

What is sin? I believe most "sinful" behaviors and feelings are genetically hard wired into our brains.. They may have helped us survive in the past. For example: in religious doctrines and everyday society greediness and stealing are generally frowned upon and considered sinful behavior. I believe that in tough times, these expressions may become more the norm, expected and are possibly beneficial for our survival. perhaps we wouldn't be here if certain individuals throughout history didn't horde the goods for themselves or that people in these situations didn't steal? Survivors of labor camps and famine have said that the only way to survive was to abandon every ounce of humanity. the "good" people did not survive long.. I have not lived through many, but can think of scenarios where killing, stealing....are the right thing to do. "sinfulness" is just a natural make up of our being that we can't escape and may at times be beneficial.

It's easy to see where the feelings of shame in religion come from, When one is created sick, but expected To be well.

Now, just because Its natural to have sinful desires doesn't mean I'm saying we should act them out on a whim. Society has set rules that dictate the norms that we should act. When we sin, there are real consequences that society deals out.

In the documentary on North Korea that I recently watched an optometrist and his volunteer crew were allowed access into the country. They were on a humanitarian mission to cure the blind. Through simple medical procedures they cured over a thousand people. The most amazing part of the documentary occurred when the bandages were removed from their eyes and sight was restored. The first thing every one of theses knuckleheads did was run up to a portrait of their dear leader and thanked HIM for their renewed sight! I couldn't help but feel bad for the doctor and crew who risked their lives to help out these ungrateful imbeciles. I'm sure they probably knew what to expect from the beginning and only added to the selflessness of the dr. And crew.

Not to this degree, but I've seen this type of behavior in religious people before, specifically in medical emergencies. A doctor does a complicated surgery on somebody that is or is related to a very religious person. After the surgeries success the Dr. Is rudely cast aside and all the thanks goes to God. no thanks to him for making the right decisions that day, but to God. I know, God was guiding his hand right? Well, what about free will? The Dr. Very easily could have decided he didn't want to do a particularly good job that day and have an unsuccessful surgery.

This is just another example of how the inherent Goodness of man can be quickly diminished when religion is involved.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: azmastablastaDan, I have personally been immediately healed from prayer. I sure would like to see the looks on the faces of the naysayers, running for the protection of the remaining caves, when those four horseman appear, I'm just sayin.

And what you have said is correct. I am not the most religious person by far, but I do believe in what you have shared.

Originally Posted By: Big_FootOriginally Posted By: azmastablastaDan, I have personally been immediately healed from prayer. I sure would like to see the looks on the faces of the naysayers, running for the protection of the remaining caves, when those four horseman appear, I'm just sayin.

And what you have said is correct. I am not the most religious person by far, but I do believe in what you have shared.

If You believe half that and you're not a dedicated religious person, There's something wrong with you. Lol. For, no eternal reward will forgive you now, for wasting the dawn..

Last edited:
Some of the most impactful Christians i have ever known come from where swampwalker is now. I pray that if there is a miracle you see, it is within your own heart. Its really up to you. Christians dont have to live in shame brother we are made clean every day

It's okay swampy, at least you're wrestling with your thoughts. And the cool thing is you'll have eternity to continue to think about it. Yep, that's right, nihilism doesn't exist. Every person ever born and yet to be born will live forever. The uncool part of the deal is God allows each one of these to choose where they live in eternity. That's the free will you spoke of. He loves you so much He allows you to choose to live in eternity devoid of Himself and His Grace. However, after that earthly heartbeat ceases the choices made are in stone. Think about all the things in this world that you love. That feeling of excitement when that cat responded to the call. The beauty of that magnificent sunrise, the smell of that fresh, gentle spring rain, the evening call of the loon on the lake. Every beautiful moment you ever experienced comes from His Grace. And because of His love for those He created He allows believers and non-believers alike to enjoy His creation. That's called general Grace. However each of His created people also have been given a double edged sword called free will. We can choose to accept His SAVING Grace and continue to live in His presence eternally with riches and incomparable beauty or live alone with our thoughts and regrets of the squandered opportunities in a lonely place devoid of anything beautiful due to a lack of God and His Grace for eternity. Our finite minds can't seem to grasp the concept of eternity. I've found a way to begin to comprehend eternity a little easier although it still falls short of true understanding. I imagine a large mountain, say, 5000 ft high. One day, every ten thousand years God sends a sparrow down from heaven to pick up one grain of dirt from that mountain and deposit it elsewhere. In time, after the sparrow has completely destroyed that mountain to a level plain we will have passed one day in eternity. Whew, that kind of lends credence to the importance of making the right choice with that God given free will huh? This ain't kids play here, this is a manly choice deciding where to spend eternity. As for me and mine, we chose to spend it with beauty and Grace and God and treasures beyond our imagination. Earthly treasures rust and are destroyed by moths etc. God's treasures are eternal. But to each his own, that's why it's called free will.

You're a young fella, hopefully, by the Grace of God you have many year's to research and make the decision right for you. Believe me, I understand an eternity with the perfect Creator of the universe is not for everyone. The gate to that eternity with God is indeed a narrow gate and most I'm afraid will choose the simple wide gate and go their own way. We each have to choose which group we'll be in, either the sheep or the goats. Do yourself a favor and use your available time wisely. Do the necessary hard research so you can make a responsible decision. After all, eternity is a long time my friend.

Originally Posted By: swampwalkerFor, no eternal reward will forgive you now, for wasting the dawn..
thumbup.gif

When I was a teen I found an American Prayer as a very strong piece. At that time in life almost all of society was wasting the dawn going on with their boring 9-5 gigs. Reinventing the Gods and all the myths of the ages, getting my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames;)

"There are things know and things unknown and in between are the doors"

Indian, Indian what did you die for?
Indian says nothing at all..

Miracles are happening every day. And while rain and dust might not be miracles, how they are used can be.

Tnslm in the third post explains it exactly.

Last edited:
Back