GoPro mount for Pulsar 19 monocular ?

capitol

I'm using a Pulsar 19 monocular for scanning and the dvr's sold today just dont cut it.

The Pulsar 19 has a rail on the side of it and Im hoping to find a way to mount a GoPro and place it in front of the Pulsars eye piece.

Does anyone make such a mount?

Thanks..

Originally Posted By: capitolI'm using a Pulsar 19 monocular for scanning and the dvr's sold today just dont cut it.

The Pulsar 19 has a rail on the side of it and Im hoping to find a way to mount a GoPro and place it in front of the Pulsars eye piece.

Does anyone make such a mount?

Thanks..

Look up night combat solutions Aaron sells a FPRS I am not sure if it will connect to your unit. I have a Pvs14 and use his system to record as you look through it. It's pretty slick and affordable.

The eyepiece on the HD19A is very different from that of a PVS-14. I know that the TNVC Go Pro adaptor won't work on an HD19A. If you really want good quality footage, pick up a LawMate DVR.

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMThe eyepiece on the HD19A is very different from that of a PVS-14. I know that the TNVC Go Pro adaptor won't work on an HD19A. If you really want good quality footage, pick up a LawMate DVR.

Tom is there a pictular lawmate model you like? I just picked up a IrPatrol and would like the quality of the video to be as close to what you see through the scope. I know the image degrades when videoing with the cheaper dvr's. Thanks for the pointing out that company they look very nice do they produce a much better quality video.
Thanks again

You could probably rig something up using Ram mounts since the Pulsar has two 1/4x20 mounting bases.

http://www.rammount.com

I used Ram mounts for this setup on my electric hunting cart.

qXysJU4.jpg

Im going to use on my Pulsar 19 a gopro, pvc pipe and a scope ring. Stay tuned, but I think it's gonna work.

The only question is...

Does a Gopro hero5 placed right up against the pulsars eyepiece record better video then the crummy mini DVR's sold today. Plus the gopro has several other uses.

It will work but the video through a Go Pro will be extremely vignetted. That's why I don't like to use a Go Pro to film through an eyepiece. You need a camera with zoom capabilities to zoom past the vignetting to gain a fuller field of view. The LawMate DVR's will record higher quality than the cheap-o's. Any 1080 LawMate will work.

Tom,

What does the Pulsar 19 monoculars video out resolution?

Im asking if my dvr records in 1080 or hd, but the pulasr only puts out 640 or something then whats the point?

Maybe the pulsar doest have good enough video out to record a hd quality video, i dunno?

Your are correct that you will not get a full HD resolution even with an HD DVR but the HD DVR's capture a better resolution video for reasons I can't explain. That's been my experience anyway. The Pulsar HD19A's video output is only 384x288.

Back