Pigeons

Hilda

Hello all,
I'm not a pigeon hater, but they have become a great nuisance in our home. Each day a flock of pigeons will land in our home roof and there droppings are almost impossible to clean up. I've tried a lot of time to scare them away, but they've made it as a routine to visit our home. So recently we called Humane pest control Toronto (http://www.hawkeye.ca/toronto-bird-control-services/pigeon-live-trapping) to trap and relocate the pigeons. Now we have no more worries about pigeons. But still i have a great work. I have to clean the roof
crazy.gif

That would have made me a pigeon hater. My son-in-law works at a power plant and they pay a contractor to come in and shoot pigeons. A job I would love to have.

They are great for wingshooting practice with your favorite shotgun or precision air rifle practice.

Shooting is a great option.. Now we don't have any problem with them. If they start visiting our home again, then I'll have to choose this option.

growing up in detroit i grew to hate pigeons with a passion.

grandpa's house was just a block over from a huge billboard where a massive flock roosted. those things used to sh!t absolutely everywhere. We used to kill so many we had to freeze them in garbage bags until trash day so that the can wouldnt stink. It was never ending.

same thing growing up just down the street from several recycling yards, there were freaking pigeons everywhere.

and when your neighbor's feed the birds, you have pigeons too.

to this day i still shoot pigeons on site - we get them in the barn every few years. Its been great since suppressors legalized here - they dont know what to make of suppressed 22lr.

i've done several elimination hunts for a neighbor up north when they get into his barn. Pigeon cr@p all over your grain you feed to young livestock is no-bueno.

fair warning, if you do decide to go after them, be persistent and take out the entire flock. If there's even one or two birds left they WILL group up with others and bring them to the roosting or feeding spots they know.

good luck with your flying rats.

I will have to agree with GC. The most fun I ever had was about 25yrs ago a couple friends and I were home on thanksgiving break from college and out doing a little pheasant hunting when we came across a old abandoned farm place that was a neighbor of ours when we were little and there were 100's of pigeon's around there. Between the 3 or 4 of us we had 3 boxes of shells between us and when we got done shoot there were empty hulls and dead birds everywhere. The neighbor stopped to see what all the shooting was. We talked a little and he said have fun and pick up our hulls. We thanked him and went back to shooting. The best day shooting we ever had.

We used to bag a few when hunting doves. We cleaned them and cooked them up too. They have more of a gamey taste and usually are tougher but I still liked them.

I used to shoot them at my grand pops barn when I was young. My parent have since built a house in the property since my grand parents passed and they have beef cows but not a single pigeon in almost 20 years. My dads current problem is the cats keep repopulating. This is why he enjoys when I bring my shorthairs home for holidays.

Back