Magpul ctr buttstock wobble?

zr600

Ok on my 6x6.8 bhw build I used a magpul ctr stock and I have noticed it has a lot slop. Was wondering how the Luthar stocks are if they are solid or if all ar stocks have slip. I bought the ctr think with the second lock it would lock in tighter on the buffertube. I have nocticed sometimes I get vertical stringing and was kind of wondering g if the stock was causing it. Any help would be great.

did you put a "commercial" size CTR on a 'mil spec' buffer tube?

Buffertube_Specs.jpg

if you have the right CTR with the right buffer tube, the CTR should lock up solid.

I've put a couple strips of electrical tape on the top of my mil spec tubes to take the wiggle out of my CTR's.

Originally Posted By: 1badsheeCtr should lock up tight with the lever pushed.

They should but all of mine wiggle a little bit even when locked down. Not alot but enough that you can hear them knock.

i've got a couple CTR's - both commercial and mil spec... and they all lock up super tight. who knows, maybe i just hit the parts lottery.

buddy of mine is buying parts for his first AR and he loved my CTR so much he msged me asking what it was since one of the ones he'd looked at in the store was soo [beeep] wiggly.

i almost feel guilty, his first and only experience so far with AR's has been my one tricked out lower with the CTR, a timney and an aftermarket grip & what i think are a couple of nicely done uppers - including a side charger with a 223 WOA barrel. his daughters are in love with that 223 upper, especially with the suppressor on. i ruined them for him before he had a chance to get started LOL

his oldest (9yrs old) went from popping balloons at about 65 yds to laying down about a 5" group at 100 yds the first the she "shot the far target" that me and him were zeroing his deer rifle on earlier. She didnt even tell us she was doing it until she was a couple shots in & we thought for some reason she was missing the balloons suddenly when she informed us of the target change lol

having both of them running around saying "pew pew pew" afterward was priceless
smile.gif

i did txt him and apologize for absolutely destroying any hope of his future ammo budget being reasonable anytime in the near future as the kids get into their teens
smile.gif

I just recieved Magpul's new reciever extension today and installed a CTR on it for my 6x6.8 Locks up tight as a rock. (I got the SR25 version and used a Vltor A5 buffer and rifle spring).

I called Magpul customer service, they said they will not be selling their new reciever extensions anywhere retail, only direct from Magpul. ??

I have 3 CTR's, 2 of them on Vltor A5's. All of them wobble a bit, even when locked up. It doesn't seem to have bothered anything that's been shot with any of them....... It's an AR.........

Originally Posted By: Rich in VAI have 3 CTR's, 2 of them on Vltor A5's. All of them wobble a bit, even when locked up. It doesn't seem to have bothered anything that's been shot with any of them....... It's an AR.........

This is what I was trying to say also. All of mine do this, but I don't think it causes a problem, except in my noggin. I just don't like rattles!
smile.gif

The luthar stock is rock solid. I have two of them. For $158 it is a good stock. Even has a adjustable cheek rest. Also is flat on the bottom to ride the bag better.

I've heard some have success applying a strip of rubbery electical tape etc to the top of the reciever extension or under side of the locking cam piece in order to remove wiggle.

Back