Thunder Beast Ultra series on a 22-250 sound meter testing

RayDog

Hey guys Ray from Thunder Beast here. I thought this would be a good video for this crowd. Let me know what the things you would like to see tested.

Complete Ultra series shot on a 22-250. I know I forgot to reset meter a few times. If the needle didn't move shot was quieter than previous shot. The 2209 works fine. I need a help help sometimes. I was rushing cause I had some shooters at the range waiting on me while I filmed this.

Ray
That was a great video & information testing as usual.
I have that suppressor in jail since Oct.

Nice to see you here also.

Great video and great suppressor.
smile.gif

My U7 6.5 ought to be getting approved soon. Been a long wait. Sure looking forward to getting my grubby paws on it!

- DAA

I just realized the video I don't reset the meter in a few times is the same test on a 300 WM. No 6.5 cans obviously. I'll go find it and post it in a new thread.

Originally Posted By: DAAMy U7 6.5 ought to be getting approved soon. Been a long wait. Sure looking forward to getting my grubby paws on it!

- DAA

They (Batfe)cashed my check 7.5 months ago. I was really hoping to have my 6.5 Baracade can by now.

Originally Posted By: Catdog1What barrel length on the 22-250? Also IMO, a 6.5 caliber can is a waste. Either go 223 or 30cal.

On my 260 and 223 I run the barrels as long as possible.

I'm using the can for my 260 on my 223 and the 223 sounds like a 22.

Why get a .30 if it's never going to get used on anything larger than a 6mm bore. If the 6.5 is even 1dB quieter, it's worth going with over the .30.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAWhy get a .30 if it's never going to get used on anything larger than a 6mm bore. If the 6.5 is even 1dB quieter, it's worth going with over the .30.

- DAA

1 db. is going to be negligible and never say NEVER. JMHO

My Ultra 7 6.5 is finally home. Hoping to see how she sounds on a .20-250 this weekend. Probably be a little while before I get any more barrels threaded.

- DAA

Had my Ultra7 about 8 months now and so far its seems to only get used on the 22 Creedmoor for some reason. Need to spread the joy to some others I have threaded but have not at this point.

My Ultra 7 got a real workout last week on the 22 Creedmoor. 21 Deer with no misses and only three runners.
Most were 80-150 yards but shot two at 350 and whacked two hogs one at 420 one at 310

The bucks were some older deer they wanted culled.....and no this is not a high fence ranch and it's big even by Texas standards

Last edited:
Back